Jun 13 2017 8:15 pm
Sparko offline

Re: NFL Offseason 2017

Maclin is never a full-season guy.

Wise men still seek Him.  Because Jesus is a liberal progressive.

Dorsey out

Holidaysmore - 2005

holidaysmore wrote:

Dorsey out

Reid extended.

Holy shit.

So this makes it clear the Reid was not impressed with the handling of Maclin? Right?

Gotta be more than just Maclin.

"Do not go gentle into that good night
Old age should burn and rave at the close of day."
Dylan Thomas

I don't get the Chiefs. Not saying anything good or bad concerning Dorsey. But something is fuked up with that team's management.  They will never appear in another Super Bowl.

Just call me Colonel Nathan R. Jessep...because I speak the truth and you yokels can't handle the truth.

I think it was assumed Dorsey would end up as GM in Green Bay at some point. Maybe the Clarks saw it coming. Coupled with Reid and Dorsey just not liking each other.

Maybe the big contracts that Dorsey gave Houston and Berry that strapped the team causing Maclins release was something Reid couldn't handle.

I thought Dorsey was doing a good job overall.

pwhittemore wrote:

Maybe the big contracts that Dorsey gave Houston and Berry that strapped the team causing Maclins release was something Reid couldn't handle.

Definitely can't fault the job that Dorsey has done in KC. But the cap situation is a mess indeed.

I think one of the biggest factors was Dorsey not wanting to give Berry money, but I think the Hunt's stepped in and made that deal happen.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

But that Berry contract strapped the Chiefs and ultimately led to Maclin's release.
If they couldn't get him to a more reasonable offer, they could have franchised him.
Even more 'damaging' than Berry's contract was Houston's.

I think it rubbed the Hunt's and Reid the wrong way that Maclin wasn't asked to take a discount or anything like that as well. Dorsey has been good as far as drafting and getting UDFA, but the cap management was just horrible.

"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

pwhittemore wrote:

Also Smith contract, Charles contract, Tamba screw up. Chefs went from tight ass Peoli to drunken sailor Dorsey. Maybe they can find someone who is a combination of the two. Dorsey is a good talent evaluator (or was it Reid), but did a bad job with the contracts.

Dorial Green Beckham to the Chiefs?

Is he worth anything...Chiefs need someone to throw to....6ft 6...nice big target for those 15 yd out patterns from Alex....

Just call me Colonel Nathan R. Jessep...because I speak the truth and you yokels can't handle the truth.

You let some other team take him if they are going to pay a reasonable price.
He's a specific type of package player at this point.
Jon Baldwinesque.

Veach, who was basically #2 after Ballard left and has made decisions since Dorsey was fired, has been hired as the GM.

-Self on Tyshawn

Zeke Elliott suspended six games for bad conduct.
Boys fans gonna loose their shit.

More like fantasy leagues that draft in July and early august are losing their shit.

Surely the appeal has already been filed.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

The appeal was filed, but with a Twitter frenzy talking about his wish to "grow-up" and mature into a man deserving of fame.  Rinse, repeat.  That sounds like a non-denial denial intended to placate the herd while acknowledging he did heinous things.

Wise men still seek Him.  Because Jesus is a liberal progressive.

Bills sign Anquan Boldin.
Bills trade away Sammy Watkins, get Jordan Matthews.
Jordan Matthews gets hurt. Anquan Boldin retires.

BILLS!

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet