Re: NBA summer league

jhawkinplano wrote:
Phogusher wrote:

Typical plowbilly response.  You never got a chance to see what Cliff might of done with Lucas like minutes. You do realize that Lucas only got major playing time his 7th and 8th yr of his tenure. And that was due to our other big man options were either hurt or a Self not going to play a freshman scenario.

Typical dumbass response.

If Cliff had more to bring, you would have seen it.

He done El Kabonged me I reckon...where's Baba Looney???

Just call me Colonel Nathan R. Jessep...because I speak the truth and you yokels can't handle the truth.

Phogusher wrote:

You just drink the Kool ade...errr Coors Mild. If you don't care then why even join the conversation.  You're just a casual removed yokel fan.

So you ask for "proof" for whatever reason.  You are given the actual numbers, but instead of reviewing them you resort to name calling and beer talk.  So predictable.  Where's your pal Reggie?  Forget his password?

those two years run together like whiskey over ice, melted into memories like somebody else's life

Man I don't know where that Guinness swill drinking bounder has gotten off to...I prefer Coors Mild to that crap. And if you're referring to facts then you're way...wayeeee off if you think us two are one in the same. But hey thanks for playing. Now pop the top again...

Last edited by Phogusher (Jul 16 2017 8:03 pm)

Just call me Colonel Nathan R. Jessep...because I speak the truth and you yokels can't handle the truth.

I was referencing the request for proof of 20mpg for Cliff.  Facts provided was 17.6mpg.  Instead of talking about that you bounded into your typical schtick.  That was my point.

those two years run together like whiskey over ice, melted into memories like somebody else's life

ProGlugger's All Potential Team that Nobody else saw but him...even Bill Self

1.  Cliff
2.  Zack Peters
3.  Merv Lindsay
4.  Evan Maxwell
5.  Milton Doyle

I am amazed at ProGlugger's Basketball IQ and speed which he downs 40's.

User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

Zack Peters...pffft...couldn't even make it through fall practice. ..another weak Tejas dude...or those other 3. Cliff was at least a top 10 Rivals guy. And Baba Looney get it right I only drink fine craft beers. They don't come in 40s. Now don't spill that Tito's when you're pouring drinks for your mentor...

Man, Selden was amazing in Vegas.  I'm wondering how this will transfer to the league.  Seems like an offensive weapon off the bench.  Not the defender or shooter to be a 3 and D guy...  More like a sparkplug to get some points when the starters take a break?

I wouldn't read too much into it. It's still summer league, but it's definitely a positive that he's emerging as the best player on their summer roster.

Brandon Ingram had a nice game last week and they asked him about it and he said "summer league is nothing like regular season" competition wise fwiw.

I think Selden can be a good role player for the grizz. Get some spot starts here and there due to injury or rest. He's carving out a niche for himself with that team which is all you can ask for.

Last edited by Illinoisjayhawk (Jul 17 2017 8:15 am)

Selden has a two year deal and I bet he gets more minutes per game than a lot of the other Jayhawks in the NBA.

pwhittemore wrote:

Selden has a two year deal and I bet he gets more minutes per game than a lot of the other Jayhawks in the NBA.

Absolutely. Finding a good fit is so important for these guys if they're not starters. Ben has wasted away in Sacramento for his entire career so far when I think he'd have had a much better chance to improve/produce in other spots. Hopefully the Grizz will be a good spot for both of them.

lonestarjayhawk wrote:

1.  Cliff
2.  Zack Peters
3.  Merv Lindsay
4.  Evan Maxwell
5.  Milton Doyle

To be fair, Doyle turned into a pretty good player at Loyola.  No reason to think he couldn't have been a solid 2nd/3rd guard off the bench.

NDballer13 wrote:
lonestarjayhawk wrote:

1.  Cliff
2.  Zack Peters
3.  Merv Lindsay
4.  Evan Maxwell
5.  Milton Doyle

To be fair, Doyle turned into a pretty good player at Loyola.  No reason to think he couldn't have been a solid 2nd/3rd guard off the bench.

The difference between Big12 and Mo Valley

User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

lonestarjayhawk wrote:
NDballer13 wrote:
lonestarjayhawk wrote:

1.  Cliff
2.  Zack Peters
3.  Merv Lindsay
4.  Evan Maxwell
5.  Milton Doyle

The difference between Big12 and Mo Valley

And that difference is him being the best player for multiple seasons at one school and being a solid 2nd/3rd guard off the bench for the other. 

Saying someone has potential doesn't always mean they can be All-Americans or NBA players.

I'd be curious to know what % of McDonald's All Americans go on to play 5 or more years in the NBA.

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet