Re: To all my fellow Colorado homies

(When getting gear ready for a fly fishing lesson)

Are you right handed, ma'am?

"Which hand is my right hand?"

Umm...it's the one to the right of your left hand?

Just like back in Texas!

I'm not sure I like the new rendition of Denver.  I am mostly sure it has to do with me being older than most of the transplants, and thinking they are a bunch of Chads and Beckys.  I am completely confident there is nothing I could do/say to slow it down.

Ousdahl, the Georgians were here this past week and we were even more glad to see them leave than Texans--mostly because there are fewer Texans. When I worked for a tennis club, I got so tired of hearing, "Well, we don't do it this way in Atlanta." Only the Canadians were more obnoxious, "Are you aware of how terrible the exchange rate is right now?" It was difficult not to ask if it weren't quite expensive to buy gas for that Lincoln-Continental all the way from Toronto.

But only the Georgians seem to steal stuff. I decorate our island in front our house for Halloween big time. This morning I noticed that 2 of the  plastic skeletons had vanished with the Atlantans, but that only takes a couple of $$ to replace. That they cut off the blooms of the large Yucca plant that I was going to photograph today...just glad they've gone home until Xmas.

Nevertheless, covfefe persisted.

Fuckin tourists!

Time to just catch our breaths until Xmas.

Here's to hoping Santa brings you skeletons and yucca.

gqcolorado wrote:

I'm not sure I like the new rendition of Denver.  I am mostly sure it has to do with me being older than most of the transplants, and thinking they are a bunch of Chads and Beckys.  I am completely confident there is nothing I could do/say to slow it down.

And sorry I missed this the the first time around but I'm curious to hear more about all these Chads and Beckys.

Just about everyone I know who has lived here for more than 3 years seems to be over the place and ready to go overpopulate somewhere else.

Well, this thread seems perfect for me (Texan) to solicit advice for a 3-4 day trip in Feb to CO.  Me/Wife/8 year old; Beginner to Intermediate Snowboarding; Mid-to-upper-mid-range.  Thinking, fly into Denver, drive to ....?  Buy ... in advance?  Anything yalls got really.  Thanks holmes!

ousdahl wrote:
gqcolorado wrote:

And sorry I missed this the the first time around but I'm curious to hear more about all these Chads and Beckys.

Just about everyone I know who has lived here for more than 3 years seems to be over the place and ready to go overpopulate somewhere else.

Please don't send them here.

YT,

PNW

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

ichioKU wrote:

Well, this thread seems perfect for me (Texan) to solicit advice for a 3-4 day trip in Feb to CO.  Me/Wife/8 year old; Beginner to Intermediate Snowboarding; Mid-to-upper-mid-range.  Thinking, fly into Denver, drive to ....?  Buy ... in advance?  Anything yalls got really.  Thanks holmes!

February's a good time to come - after the holiday rush but before the spring breakers. Avoid coming on one of the February holidays. If you can come during the week it'll be that much less crowded yet.

Of all the bigger resorts, Breck is prob the most touristy, and the most crowded cuz of it. Arapahoe basin is the most dedicated skier's mountain, and also the least amenities around the resort cuz of it. Vail, beaver creek, Aspen if you wanna get posh with all the other stuff. Crested butte, telluride, steamboat all gems off the beaten path. Keystone, winter park, copper all nice middle of the road options. Copper and steamboat might be my favorite user-friendly mountains - lots of long wide green and blue runs that are fun without being intimidating.

If you don't plan to ski all the big mountain terrain, a smaller resort would save you a lot on ski passes and stuff. Granby ranch, eldora, places like that.

Either way, buy passes in advance, it's cheaper than walking up to the ticket window the day of. Some places might have like 4-day discount passes and stuff.

Orrr you could just staycation in Texas. I hear it's great.

ousdahl wrote:
ichioKU wrote:

Well, this thread seems perfect for me (Texan) to solicit advice for a 3-4 day trip in Feb to CO...

February's a good time....Orrr you could just staycation in Texas. I hear it's great.

Thanks!  We've actually been to Dallas (2x), Waco (3x), San Antonio, and Houston all in the past few months and are ready to get out.

Kinda liking the family-centric Keystone vibe.  Any specific advice for that one?

Keystone's a fun mountain.

Pretty sure lots of keystone visitors will stay in the nearby towns. Dillon, frisco, sliverthorne are all a few minutes from there, so those places open up a lot more lodging options than just staying right at the resort. I suppose the trade-off is having to drive and park, versus getting something slope side or on a shuttle route.

If you wanna see some other mountains, Breck and A-basin are within a few minutes as well. There might even be some multi-mountain pass combo packs if you look around. Buying in advance and buying some pass promo pack will be cheaper than just walking up to the window the day of. I think I already said that, ha.

And I think I already said this too, but, avoid the area during the holidays if you can, it's a zoo. If you can make it out late Jan or February it'll be much less congested, especially during the week.

Last edited by ousdahl (Nov 01 2017 11:36 am)

When we hit Utah, we stayed in SLC and shuttled up the mtn each day with our gear.

Although a few minutes out isn't out of the question if parking isn't a nightmare, more convenience might win this time if everything isn't already booked.  I see lots of RedAwning listings.  I'm guessing those are basically AirBnB/HomeAway type places?

Unfortunately, for time off school, we have to travel on the (Prez Day) holiday but might be able to swing that Sun->Wed.  Thanks again!

Weed.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

ichioKU wrote:

When we hit Utah, we stayed in SLC and shuttled up the mtn each day with our gear...

^^^ FTW.

Is it still only $1.00 each way on the city bus?

“The best way I can describe it is, having a diaper on and never changing it.  And just sitting in that diaper the whole year.”
N.Y. Jet, Brandon Marshall. Speaking of last season’s disastrous 5 -11 record

I came up now cuz y'all said its the offseason so it's the cheapest room rates all year.

But what do y'all mean the trails is too snowy to bike but too muddy to ski?! You won't let me do either just cuz it's the offseason?!

I paid good money to come stay with y'all and y'all treat me like this!

ousdahl wrote:

I came up now cuz y'all said its the offseason so it's the cheapest room rates all year.

But what do y'all mean the trails is too snowy to bike but too muddy to ski?! You won't let me do either just cuz it's the offseason?!

I paid good money to come stay with y'all and y'all treat me like this!

The y'all part is pretty good.....maybe you should go lower in elevation and find a place that you can bike........or go higher in elevation and find a place you can ski.  Just sayin'

Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V

Lower elevation?

Y'all mean like Texas?

Shirley wrote:
ichioKU wrote:

When we hit Utah, we stayed in SLC and shuttled up the mtn each day with our gear...

^^^ FTW.

Is it still only $1.00 each way on the city bus?

We went quite a few years ago now, so I don't remember.  But that kind of sounds familiar.

ousdahl wrote:

Speaking of which, is there any time of year we can both snowboard and watch a Rockies game at Coors?

actually, yeah.

come later in ski season/early in baseball season. Many resorts are open into May.

Or, do like a local and hike up to a snowfield in the summertime for some turns in a t-shirt.

Why won't y'all give me the preseason sale rate on ski passes? I only missed y'all's deadline by a couple months! This is insane! Lemme talk to yall's manager so I can throw a tantrum to try and save 20 bucks.

And I see yall's sale rack is 25% off, but how much off is all the other racks?

And why does yall's sale rack only have summer stuff on it? Don't y'all know it's winter?

I kinda want to go to Colorado and ask oussie stupid questions.

Defense. Rebounds.

Come on up!

Speaking of stupid questions, I heard y'all had an outdoor ice skating rink that's open year round?

I don't think it's open all year.

Yes, that's the mall where rupp is.

1uNI97.So.79.jpeg

Defense. Rebounds.

Rupp?

What part of Texas is that?

Yeah, nevermind. I thought you were talking about Lexington. Rough morning. Maybe I should start drinking again.

Defense. Rebounds.

Ah, the season is upon us when snowbirdus Americanus flocks to southern venues. They've been spotted at one of their habitual nesting places, Walmart. The restaurants have removed half the sugars and sweetnlows from the tables in expectation of their predatory nature and counted all the salt and pepper shakers.

They can be heard clucking their songs to each other, "Do you know how cold it was back home this morning?"

But, at least the rest of us can dine out cheaper at the 2 for 1 specials 5-6 pm.

Nevertheless, covfefe persisted.

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet