Re: Texas football sucks...again.

PhDhawk wrote:
pwhittemore wrote:

I bet you guys are all Breakfast Club fans.
I never knew all you Goonies fans were Breakfast Club fans but sure looks like you are.
Have I mentioned Breakfast Club? Breakfast Club.

Back to the Future generated 3 sequals. If all movies shared revenue, that's bad for the Back to the Future franchise.
It hurts movies like Back to the Future and Rambo.
Sure it's good for movies like the Breakfast Club and Spies like us.
But the best thing for movies is if there are franchises like A nightmare on Elm street that have tons of sequals. Nightmare on Elm street making more money is good for independent films.

I think Back To The Future would differ
Looking at the franchise history what is striking is the series ratings have been onesided. Nightmare just have had more streaks and streaks that lasted longer.
What is noticeable is when Robert Zemeckis stepped away Nightmare on Elm Street started winning again.
The only time Nightmare has had success against Back To The Future since 1990.

1985 was a big year for Chevy.

In addition to Fletch, Spies Like Us, and European Vacation came out.

You got no fear of the underdog,
That's why you will not survive!

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

pwhittemore wrote:
PhDhawk wrote:
pwhittemore wrote:

I bet you guys are all Breakfast Club fans.
I never knew all you Goonies fans were Breakfast Club fans but sure looks like you are.
Have I mentioned Breakfast Club? Breakfast Club.

Back to the Future generated 3 sequals. If all movies shared revenue, that's bad for the Back to the Future franchise.
It hurts movies like Back to the Future and Rambo.
Sure it's good for movies like the Breakfast Club and Spies like us.
But the best thing for movies is if there are franchises like A nightmare on Elm street that have tons of sequals. Nightmare on Elm street making more money is good for independent films.

I think Back To The Future would differ
Looking at the franchise history what is striking is the series ratings have been onesided. Nightmare just have had more streaks and streaks that lasted longer.
What is noticeable is when Robert Xemeckis stepped away Nightmare on Elm Street started winning again.
The only time Nightmare has had success against Back To The Future since 1990.

Back to the Future and Police Academy had a great year that year.
Previously the movies had the same franchises except for rare occurrences for the past decade.

Remember 1987 was the first season after Crispin Glover had left and Biff and Doc Brown had already agreed to do the sequels.

Their leverage upon zemeckis was that the movie would fail without them.
The narrative out of Hill Valley in 1985 is the same as it was in 1955.

Ask Goldie Wilson what he thinks about the Time travel.
He will repeat the same narrative that it will fail because the you could mess things up in the future.

Why would the Back to the Future need Crispin Glover in the sequel?
Just use a mask on an actor with a similar frame.

It will make my day when Leach Thompson turns them down to be in an independent film.

You got no fear of the underdog,
That's why you will not survive!

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Do you understand why Back To The Future II cannot have Crispin Glover.
Not having Crispin Glover hurts guys like Biff, Doc Brown and Goldie Wilson in a way

Here you can partake of the OU vs. Texas smack talk... some pretty funny stuff: http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showth … -dominance

Since OU lost and UT won last week, tickets are pretty hot: https://www.stubhub.com/red-river-showd … desc&qty=2

28i2g3l.jpg

Last edited by tophawk87 (Oct 11 2017 9:52 am)

Wise men still seek Him

80a13c17cc6a3d14c85dec4df3c30cd7--boomer-sooner-oklahoma-sooners.jpg

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Nightmare on Elm Street never will win unless they act like they want to win.
Why shouldn't Nightmare be interested in Night Shyamalan. He is familiar with Nightmare.
He was a director on Signs. He has connections in horrors in in thrillers.
More importantly Friday the 13th is going after him as well.
Turn this into a old Horror Rivarly with Nightmare, Friday the 13th and Halloween going after the same director.

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet