#476

Oct 12 2017 12:45 pm
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Geezer wrote:

Late Night with Ole Roy might be interesting.

Yeah, interesting night.

I can't get a read on what the results are going to be. NCAA is holding this one close to the vest.

I wonder if the FBI investigation will be a factor.




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#477

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Vega wrote:
Geezer wrote:

Late Night with Ole Roy might be interesting.

Yeah, interesting night.

I can't get a read on what the results are going to be. NCAA is holding this one close to the vest.

I wonder if the FBI investigation will be a factor.

yeah, but who's the musical act?




You got no fear of the underdog,
That's why you will not survive!

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

#478

Oct 12 2017 12:51 pm
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

I dunno, but he better not have naughty lyrics




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#479

Re: UNC might be toast now.

PhDhawk wrote:
Vega wrote:
Geezer wrote:

Late Night with Ole Roy might be interesting.

Yeah, interesting night.

I can't get a read on what the results are going to be. NCAA is holding this one close to the vest.

I wonder if the FBI investigation will be a factor.

yeah, but who's the musical act?




“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

#480

Oct 12 2017 1:03 pm
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Looks like UNC will get the results ahead of the official release. Expect some leaks soon, especially if it's a slap on the wrist.




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#481

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Vega wrote:

Looks like UNC will get the results ahead of the official release. Expect some leaks soon, especially if it's a slap on the wrist.

Isn't it to UNC's benefit to carry the NCAA's water a little and sternly (and loudly) brave the HARSHEST ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS EVAR?

Put differently...I don't think it's to UNC's benefit for the penalties to be thought of as a slap on the wrist.




"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

#482

Oct 12 2017 1:16 pm
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

No I agree, but if it's say loss of 2 scholies for BBall, Post Season ban for Football this year and next (aka, a joke), and the likes, the UNC AD will absolutely rejoice, and that info will be disseminated quickly to folks, which will leak quickly.

If it's harsh, I imagine the communication crew will be hard at work to spin it properly, and it would leak as quickly.




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#483

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Vega wrote:

No I agree, but if it's say loss of 2 scholies for BBall, Post Season ban for Football this year and next (aka, a joke), and the likes, the UNC AD will absolutely rejoice, and that info will be disseminated quickly to folks, which will leak quickly.

If it's harsh, I imagine the communication crew will be hard at work to spin it properly, and it would leak as quickly.

Yeah, I think we're mostly on the same page.

I'm guessing UNC has carefully practiced the hat-in-hand, hangdog speech already.  Tear-filled apologies for letting down the kids and the university, and, damn it, the great State of North Carolina.  A couple sacrificial firings and hirings.

And lots and lots of backroom fist bumps.




"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

#484

Oct 12 2017 1:21 pm
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

*wouldn't leak as quickly at the end

I suppose if we can get some reporters to see how red the knuckles are from all those bumps would be some intelligent reporting.




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#485

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Blackmild?

#486

Re: UNC might be toast now.

The NCAA is so mad at UNC they're going to give Cleveland State another year of probation.

Paraphrasing Tark, but he understood the NCAA better than most.

UNC gets a minor slap on the wrist if anything.




User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

#487

Re: UNC might be toast now.

I think punishment will sound heavy handed. But, banner not vacated and the federal court claim has already been drafted.




"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

#488

Oct 13 2017 8:50 am
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Was there a time for this shit? Don’t want to hunt down leaks




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#489

Re: UNC might be toast now.

10a Eastern, I think.




User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

#490

Oct 13 2017 8:59 am
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Damn, in meeting.




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#491

Re: UNC might be toast now.

UNC not close to toast.




"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

#492

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Big party + banner in Chapel Hill tonight.




"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

#493

Re: UNC might be toast now.

NCAA "could not conclude academic violations."

gu-WHAH?

The NCAA just finds new ways to embarrass itself.  There's a legitimate question whether the NCAA should be involved in academics at all, but HOLY SHIT is this a limp-dicked way to do it.




"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

#494

Re: UNC might be toast now.

It’s not going to quiet the conspirators.




"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

#495

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Ol Roy is the Teflon Don. Untouchable.




316.785.303
Holidaysmore - 2005

#496

Re: UNC might be toast now.

I haven’t read, but some on twitter making it sound like NCAA is hiding behind the train track argument?




"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

#497

Oct 13 2017 9:28 am
Vega offline
Posts: 30,111

Re: UNC might be toast now.

jfish26 wrote:

NCAA "could not conclude academic violations."

gu-WHAH?

The NCAA just finds new ways to embarrass itself.  There's a legitimate question whether the NCAA should be involved in academics at all, but HOLY SHIT is this a limp-dicked way to do it.

The argument ncaa used was unc had shitty fraud courses across the board, therefore it’s not an ncaa issue.

Meanwhile diallo’s sixth grade math class from Mali is scrutinized because that did not look like an 8.

Ncaa has loss all credibility to keep the barrier so high in name of academic standards, but let students in profitable school take FAKE intro to underwater basket weaving. If they were taking shitty courses, okay, but they weren’t even taking a course.

Seriously this is a massive fuck up that 99% of the country who is following this is going to turn against the ncaa for. Question is how many are paying attention.




At least we're not Tiggerboards?

#498

Re: UNC might be toast now.

Not even a slap on Cleveland State's wrist




User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

#499

Re: UNC might be toast now.

pwhittemore wrote:
Hawklin wrote:

Take away all Memphis wins, because 1 player cheated on 1 test in high school.   


Ignore everything when 1000s of players cheated on thousands of tests in college.     


Adds up.

Very much this.

#500

Re: UNC might be toast now.

This twitter is on fire right now:










"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet