Re: Texas game

They hadn't executed that formation all game.

And, the LB who made the tackle was just the first defender in the backfield.

Stanley Carter should have been involved in the play.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Like I said, the play call was not great. But a DL made the tackle, and he was the first one in the hole that was going to be there if Bragg looked in the right spot. I don't know if you saw the still shot on his twitter account, but it's pretty plain as day that Bragg just missed. The OLine actually did a great job caving their entire DLine off except for one guy, and that was the guy Bragg was supposed to get.

But if you're going to definitely run the ball in that scenario, give it to Stanley and let him do a read option. But that would have been an entire different game if Stanley doesn't throw 3 picks. That one before halftime was inexcusable, you have to get points. Also, Sims has been really sure-handed as a PR, and he fumbles a very routine punt. Frustrating when the team had a legit shot, even after throwing 3 picks (1 pick six and the other in the end zone while going for a TD) and fumbling a punt on your own 20.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

Which one of you drunkasses stood outside in the cold last weekend?

DOhzXR-W4AANupO.jpg

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOhzXR-W4AANupO.jpg

Obviously was Mrs. Beatty.

NewtonHawk11 wrote:

Like I said, the play call was not great. But a DL made the tackle, and he was the first one in the hole that was going to be there if Bragg looked in the right spot. I don't know if you saw the still shot on his twitter account, but it's pretty plain as day that Bragg just missed. The OLine actually did a great job caving their entire DLine off except for one guy, and that was the guy Bragg was supposed to get.

But if you're going to definitely run the ball in that scenario, give it to Stanley and let him do a read option. But that would have been an entire different game if Stanley doesn't throw 3 picks. That one before halftime was inexcusable, you have to get points. Also, Sims has been really sure-handed as a PR, and he fumbles a very routine punt. Frustrating when the team had a legit shot, even after throwing 3 picks (1 pick six and the other in the end zone while going for a TD) and fumbling a punt on your own 20.

Making Bragg into a fullback is another example of coaching stupidity.

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

It was Leawood.

Defense. Rebounds.

Looking at next year's schedule, we will have another 1 win season. Too bad Zenger doesn't follow bucktooth's lead on how to turn around a football program. We needed to schedule patsies. While Rutgers and CMU are not football powerhouses they are pushovers.

We gotta stop doing home and homes with MAC teams. It's a loose loose situation, we're probably not good enough to win especially on the road, and even if we did it doesn't look good, and if you loose, it's not like loosing to a power 5 conference where you at least look like you played someone tough. We need to play the shittiest possible FBS teams every time until we become a better program. At least 3-9 or 4-8 type seasons prevent you from having the embarrassing did you know type stats like KU has the same number of wins since 2011 as it had in the 2007 season (12).

You got no fear of the underdog,
That's why you will not survive!

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Big 12 rules, I think starting next year, say that they have to schedule a P5 game every year. So you have 1 FCS team, one mid major team and 1 P5 team. And I think most schools just have jumped the gun on the rule. Hell, even Snyder is going on the road to play Stanford, at Vandy and at Miss State in 2019.

The landscape is a whole lot more challenging to complete a turnaround by playing 1 fluff, 1 mid major type of team and then a P5 team. Lot different than playing an FCS team, and then playing 3 mid major or low major (Sun Belt or C-USA) schools

Playing Ohio and CMU were probably not ideal MAC teams to schedule. They are perennial bowl teams. Would have been better off for this rebuild schedule Eastern Michigan, Ball State or something like that. But CMU is 6-4 and Ohio is 8-2. Both teams already in a bowl game..

Things were a lot easier for Mangino and Co in the middle 2000's when you would play a bad FAU team, FCS Appy State, at home against Toledo or something and then play LaTech and then turn around in conference and play ksu, CU, ISU, MU, Nubs and then only 3 teams from Big 12 south.

When the conference alignment happened, any good chance for a quick KU football turnaround got halted pretty quick. It's tough to get wins when you play TCU, OU, oSu, Texas and others every single year. Lot easier back in Mangino's days where you played oSu, OU, and UT 2 years out of 4.

Sorry for the multiple points. I just want KU football to succeed pretty damn bad and it gets frustrating when it hasn't happened. I think it will happen, and I think Beaty is getting the pieces to get there, but they aren't there and won't be for another couple of years. I've been to multiple games, and I watch damn near every minute on TV when they play. Maybe I have too much invested, but family had season tickets from 03-12 and so I watched the turnaround first hand. I'm hoping it happens again and soon. But it was in such dire straights just a couple years ago, that the team just can't perform at a consistent level... yet.

"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

PhDhawk wrote:

We gotta stop doing home and homes with MAC teams. It's a loose loose situation, we're probably not good enough to win especially on the road, and even if we did it doesn't look good, and if you loose, it's not like loosing to a power 5 conference where you at least look like you played someone tough. We need to play the shittiest possible FBS teams every time until we become a better program. At least 3-9 or 4-8 type seasons prevent you from having the embarrassing did you know type stats like KU has the same number of wins since 2011 as it had in the 2007 season (12).

I agree. The home and homes have not helped. But I think the MAC teams have enough leverage that the only way to fill your schedule is to schedule home and homes with them. It has been tough to play at least 1 non-con game on the road every year.

-Self on Tyshawn

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Beaty is a nice guy. That isn't a surprise. He just can't win football games and unfortunately in this business being a 'nice' guy doesn't get you wins or offer you job security.

Holidaysmore - 2005

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet