Re: Westgate: Kansas (-5) vs. Kentucky

My app still isn't offering the bet.  Grrr.

I wish my hand vibrated.

Nov 14 2017 9:57 am
Vega offline

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Yep. KU for the cover is the bet.

92% of the bets on Kansas. I wonder if some big money comes in late to equal out the sides, or if sharks are staying away from too obvious a line.

At least we're not Tiggerboards?

Vega wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Yep. KU for the cover is the bet.

92% of the bets on Kansas. I wonder if some big money comes in late to equal out the sides, or if sharks are staying away from too obvious a line.

Usually, early movement suggests a favorable line, whereas late movement suggests the pro's making a ton of smaller bets to move the line only to drop a load on the other side.  10 people bet 1,000 on Kansas, all of a sudden the line moves, then those 10 guys drop 10k each on Kentucky at +7.5.  All of a sudden the line is back to 4.5 but they got their money at a mega-favorable line.

Still coming in on KU.

Also, of note, Westgate opened with +/- 155 and that has been bet down to 151.5.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Nov 14 2017 3:15 pm
Vega offline

I tink UK is averaging like 74. I think the idea is KU is thought to be a grinding team in the past (although not this year). I can see 151ish, but I think it will be a foul fest, which will push it to the over.

Vega wrote:

I tink UK is averaging like 74. I think the idea is KU is thought to be a grinding team in the past (although not this year). I can see 151ish, but I think it will be a foul fest, which will push it to the over.

First couple weeks of the season always hit overs.  Full of refs calling "point of emphasis" fouls, giving each team a million free throws.  A 75-70 game in February is a 88-83 game before Thanksgiving it seems like.

And for those of you who like betting overs, get on The Citadel ASAP.  Games are 130-110 every night, lol.

My place is now at -5.5.

I wish my hand vibrated.

First game is a Pick em now

I wish my hand vibrated.

Take the under now?  Down to 149.5.

I wish my hand vibrated.

Now its at 150.5. Go figure.

I wish my hand vibrated.

Can we start this game now please?

151 now.

I wish my hand vibrated.

KU favored by 3.5 in second half. 81 is the o/u

Any takers?

I wish my hand vibrated.

Nov 14 2017 10:57 pm
Vega offline

Nah, not with the line up. I think over is good.

How about that line

Nov 15 2017 12:06 am
Vega offline

Vegas the biggest winner, as always. Why I don't bet sports.

They're gooooodddd...

Seriously, they knew something about Preston 24 hours before we did?

They know lots of things. "They" control more than we'd like to admit.  Maybe not directly....but indirectly.  There is a "science" to it and the house wins or they'd have been broke 50 yeas ago

those two years run together like whiskey over ice, melted into memories like somebody else's life

DrPepper wrote:

Seriously, they knew something about Preston 24 hours before we did?

Maybe. Maybe not.
"They" didn't know Dvonte would go 3-14. Although, they may have known Kentucky's "length" might cause problems.
Or Svi would 7-18 and take more shots than anyone else. Although, they may have known he would be the make or break player for us last night.
Or Newman would have more boards in less minutes than Azubuike. Although, they may have known how aggressive and active he is.
Or KU would shoot 35.3% from the field. Although, they may have known Kentucky's defense and the difficult "backdrop" and "tight rims" at the UC could be a factor.

The best part for me of watching/reading people react to gaming lines is that more than 75% of people are right less than 60% of the time.

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet