Re: Coaching carousel...

I'd love to have him be his crazy self in lawrence.  He's exactly what we need.

Frost to Nebraska.  I understand why but I think that job will never ever be what it once was.

I wish my hand vibrated.

Vegashawk wrote:

Frost to Nebraska.  I understand why but I think that job will never ever be what it once was.

Why not? Wiscy went 12-1 this year and is playing in the Orange Bowl, why not Nebby?

Wise men still seek Him

Seems like Willie T to FSU all but a done deal. 5 year, 5 million'ish is my guess.

Good luck, Frost. You are going to need it. That fan base hasn't come back down to earth since you won in 97

Holidaysmore - 2005

I did enjoy Frost at his press conference yesterday when asked how he has to adjust his style to the Big 10. His answer was that the Big 10 has to adjust to his system. He answered it straight faced, no hesitation not even a small laugh at the end of it. This dude means business and is probably the perfect person to jump start their program again.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

Taggart is now the coach at FSU. Gets to go back home and was an FSU fan when Warrick Dunn and Charlie Ward were running the offense down there. He had an ideal situation at Oregon and probably the only school he would have left for was FSU.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

Wise men still seek Him

holidaysmore wrote:

Seems like Willie T to FSU all but a done deal. 5 year, 5 million'ish is my guess.

Good luck, Frost. You are going to need it. That fan base hasn't come back down to earth since you won in 97

I have some good friends that are huge Nebraska fans, and my wife and I went to a game this season (Wisconsin) with them in Lincoln this year.  My first experience there, but everyone I met was extremely nice and welcoming...we had an awesome time.  They were definitely depressed about their program, but it did seem like the decade or so of overall mediocrity had mellowed them out some.  Maybe they've realized that it's not going to be 11-1 or 12-0 every year.  My friends are all thrilled with Frost and just hope they get competitive again with a BIG 10/national run every now and then.  I have no idea if that's indicative of the fan base or not.

NU people are nice in the way when I went there for KU games they would try to explain option football to me as if they were doing me a favor. Only Cardinal baseball fans and KU basketball fans are on par with NU football fans.

Cardinal fans suck...you'll get no argument from me there.

Lincoln on game day is a sight to see. Great environment.

I haven’t been back in a decade or more so that is good that the fan base, or at least some of them have tempered their expectations for the program.

Everything I have heard from high school coaches is that they like Frost because of his honesty and integrity - something you don’t hear very often when describing Power 5 HC’s.

Holidaysmore - 2005

Sonny Dykes to SMU... https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba … ach-report

PhD: Do NOT read this post as it may violate your safe space.

Wise men still seek Him

Rany Edsall has been coaching UConn for a full season without signing his contract.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-foo … story.html

You got no fear of the underdog,
That's why you will not survive!

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

I know this thread is about coaches, but really captains are sort of the coach on the field, and Yale got a new one.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2017/11/ … -team-146/

Bob Maffei resigned after 19 seasons coaching football at Trumbull High School in Trumbull, CT.

http://www.ctpost.com/highschool/articl … 389455.php

PhDhawk wrote:

Bob Maffei resigned after 19 seasons coaching football at Trumbull High School in Trumbull, CT.

This is what I'm talking about.  Any rumors of him coming to KU?  Dude has a career record of 126-77 which I think is better than any coach in KU history.

Although, to be sure, do you have any youtube links of his motivational speeches?

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

CascadiaHawk wrote:
PhDhawk wrote:

This is what I'm talking about.  Any rumors of him coming to KU?  Dude has a career record of 126-77 which I think is better than any coach in KU history.

Although, to be sure, do you have any youtube links of his motivational speeches?

Sorry, I've been too busy looking to see if there were any local coaching changes in the pop warner leagues.

CascadiaHawk wrote:
PhDhawk wrote:

Here,

This got my blood going.

PhDhawk wrote:
CascadiaHawk wrote:
PhDhawk wrote:

Here,

This got my blood going.

I like that coach

PhD:
28vt9ht.jpg

Wise men still seek Him

Yesterday 11:38 am
PhDhawk offline

tophawk:
23279978_251749205355473_8066892138958290944_n.jpg

See, PhD, I warned you, I cautioned you, I gave you fair notice: Do Not Click On My Update and look what you went and did! I accidentally violated your safe space. My bad.

I know you have 23,504 posts, and I only weigh in with 2,657 but I appreciate how you slid into my post, since I am the OP of this thread. And for that, Ima let you slide this time. We good brah?

Wise men still seek Him

Yesterday 11:42 am
PhDhawk offline

what's your problem brah?

I just posted about some local small time football coaching changes. This thread is about coaching changes, and you keep posting about small school coaching changes, why is it a problem when I do it? Is it because you don't care about schools in CT? Is it because these CT schools have no impact on KU? Is it because this is a KU message board?

I don't know why you have a problem with my posts, I'm just following your lead, brah.

PhDhawk wrote:

what's your problem brah?

I just posted about some local small time football coaching changes. This thread is about coaching changes, and you keep posting about small school coaching changes, why is it a problem when I do it? Is it because you don't care about schools in CT? Is it because these CT schools have no impact on KU? Is it because this is a KU message board?

I don't know why you have a problem with my posts, I'm just following your lead, brah.

Merry Christmas!!

Wise men still seek Him

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet