NFL Week 14

Great Thursday game this week with Saints @ Falcons. The NFC South is a battle. Saints Falcons play again in 2 weeks.

Can't believe we got here, but the AFC West has went from the best to worst division in football. Three way tie for the lead with pivotal games this week:

Raiders @ Chiefs (-4)
Redskins @ Chargers (-6)

Chiefs lose this week....and the collapse is complete.

Re: NFL Week 14

WOW!...Andy Reid just suspended Marcus Peters for 1 game.

Crazily, it makes me MORE confident in the Chiefs win. The defense will rally behind this. And Peters should come back fired up, healthy, and ready to go against San Diego.

Reid wouldn't discuss details, but I'm guessing Reid was led to believe that Marcus essentially quit on the game and the team by picking up the flag...and running to the locker room.

Good for Andy!

Last edited by RonKelloggFan (Dec 06 2017 12:52 pm)

WHOA!

Gotta be honest.......did NOT see that coming

Kelce did nearly the same thing, throwing a flag at a ref and getting tossed, and got nothing.

But I don't think that matters anymore. Currently, this team completely lacks discipline. And this was a different scenario, with Peters leaving the field and how he carried himself.

Reid was specifically asked if the suspension was an accumulation of incidents or because of what happened against the Jets. Reid said it was what happened against NY.

After the game, Reid wouldn't commit to anything, saying he had to talk to Marcus. And talk to the locker room.

Putting 2 and 2 together, I think Reid is 100% convinced that Peters intent was to get kicked out of the game and/or that Peters knew he wasn't kicked out but ran off the field because he was so disgusted at the refs. I think Reid is convinced that Peters quit. Add to that, Reid seemed to hint that some of the team wasn't happy about it all.

This was 100% a power play move on AR's behalf. With Peters potentially due BIG money coming up he needed to let it be known to Peters and the rest of the team that type of behavior would not be accepted. I am all in on this move.

That being said I could see Carr throwing for 400 yards on Sunday. The Chiefs have benched every corner other than Peters and two of them will start when they go nickel or dime. It makes me shutter to think that on Sunday the Chiefs will probably start Revis and Mitchell with Nelson, Gaines or Acker in the slot.

Holidaysmore - 2005

holidaysmore wrote:

This was 100% a power play move on AR's behalf. With Peters potentially due BIG money coming up he needed to let it be known to Peters and the rest of the team that type of behavior would not be accepted. I am all in on this move.

That being said I could see Carr throwing for 400 yards on Sunday. The Chiefs have benched every corner other than Peters and two of them will start when they go nickel or dime. It makes me shutter to think that on Sunday the Chiefs will probably start Revis and Mitchell with Nelson, Gaines or Acker in the slot.

Not sure I agree it's a Reid "power play", but I agree that Reid wants to send a message.

I think the running off the field was THE thing that caused the suspension by Reid. I'd guess Peters teammates didn't like that Peters quit, and surely let that be known.

I'd imagine Kelce came very close to a suspension weeks ago, but Kelce was actually ejected in the 4th quarter of a game in which KC had a 12 point lead. Kelce could be accused of being selfish in wanting the ball too much, but nobody would question that he'll always want to be on the field and always want to give max effort. What Peters did Sunday could make one question that.

I have a good feeling that this will make the team more focused and prepared this Sunday. And that Peters will come back as good as ever against the Chargers.

Last edited by RonKelloggFan (Dec 06 2017 2:52 pm)

Chiefs - 31
Raiders - 18

RonKelloggFan wrote:

Chiefs - 31
Raiders - 18

On at the same time as KU v ASU, an hour separating kick off and tip off.

Defense. Rebounds.

Amazing what a simple fist bump from an NFL player can mean for a kid and yet at times some players are too big of assholes not to do it.

@cameron1newton makes a young fan’s day ?? (via @panthers)

A post shared by Bleacher Report (@bleacherreport) on

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

Anybody see Sean Payton last night, from the sidelines, give a choke gesture to the Atlanta running back Freeman? Bizarre. Then, with Atlanta trying to finish off the game with a minute left, Payton stormed on the field, causing a 15-yard penalty, which allowed Atlanta to kneel 2 plays to end the game.

Oh yeah, and Brees through a pick in the end zone when the Saints were in easy FG position to tie.

Point: Kinda good to know that the Chiefs aren't the only playoff-contending club to have issues.

Every one of the top 10 contenders has flaws. Some more than others but there isn't any team, maybe other than Philly or NE that I could say definitely will be a SB lock. With the way that injuries are piling up every team is one injury away or, in the case of the Saints a complete loss of common sense to screw up a game.

What does everyone think of the Thursday night issue that Brees, Baldwin etc have brought up as far as injuries go. Have to agree with the players here. They need to fix that play on Sunday and then turn around and play on Thursday night issue.

Last edited by holidaysmore (Dec 08 2017 11:50 am)

Holidaysmore - 2005

Kamara went in concussion protocol last night. Could be a big deal.

I'm sure most all players hate Thursday games, and with good reason. From a fans perspective, I love it, even tho the quality suffers.

Chiefs still at -4. Kinda thought it would swing toward the Raiders some.

48 point O/U. Give me the over. This game could go nuclear.

Amari Cooper is out this week due to sprained ankle. Helps Chiefs a bit.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

The only cure for the Chiefs defense is to keep them on the sideline. So part of me thinks they try and grind this one out and win time of possession.

Is this the week that Hunt finally gets 25 touches?

Rockchalker5 wrote:

The only cure for the Chiefs defense is to keep them on the sideline. So part of me thinks they try and grind this one out and win time of possession.

Is this the week that Hunt finally gets 25 touches?

Like against the Giants and Bills?

What a shitty sports week.

Go Browns.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Dec 10 2017 4:14 pm
Vega offline

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

What a shitty sports week.

Go Browns.

Sorry mate, wasn't watching Vikes game, but looked entertaining. Thought when they tied it up they would pull it out.

At least we're not Tiggerboards?

This buffalo game is entertaining.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Fack Green Bay.

Go Lambs!

Least the Chiefs took care of business.

Urgency offensively & defensively by the Chiefs was really nice to see.

WHERE was that the last 5-6 weeks?

Chargers rolling again...gonna be a TOUGH game for KC next Saturday.

jets-bills game was great

bills-colts

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet