Re: 2018 KU Football

i suspect dr. z is waiting to see what happens in mhk.  if k-state has a 'tennessee moment' and passes on sean snyder, all hell will break loose on the farm. sean will jump in his canoe and paddle down the river.  while he's heading southeast, dr. z will fire beaty in time for a crowning along the lawrence river bank trail.  like his father, sean's reign at ku will last a thousand years. this is the only plausible explanation for not having fired homer already.

Last edited by tmcats (Dec 05 2017 1:02 pm)

Stop waving our wheat!

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Seems like he said something else about "the stands will fill up. Trust me" Or something like that. Gotta be a nod to Kansas you'd think.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

I was really ready, hoping, trusting for 3 even 4 wins this year. But alas, ....

The low point was traveling to the TCU game in Fort Worth. No KU Band. No energy, ... I think we only crossed the 50 yard line once or twice. Total meltdown. My wife, who doesn't follow football whispered, "Oh wow, we suck."
Total Yards:
KU  21
TCU  475

First Downs:
KU  4
TCU  22

Final Score:
KU  0
TCU  43

Then I see SMU's Chad Morris going to Arkansas today (probably) and he and his team went into SMU and turned the program around in 3 years! And I am forced to ask myself, "Could he have done that with us?" Don't give me the SMU has more money excuse! SMU has (according to Wikipedia) 6,521 undergraduate students. LET THAT SINK IN.

"Morris successfully rebuilt SMU in his three seasons with the program. The Mustangs were 2-10 in his first season and went 7-5 to earn a berth in the Miami Beach Bowl on Dec. 20 against Louisiana Tech in 2017."

And don't tell me we were much worse off than when June Jones left the cupboard bare at SMU. He left the program in the middle of the night ...

Anyway, all we have left is hope. SO, here's hoping for 3 wins next season. Sigh...

Last edited by tophawk87 (Dec 05 2017 7:34 pm)

Wise men still seek Him

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Mississippi state is also recruiting Jason.  I could see them both committing there.

It’s going to be an absolute kick in the nuts when they both trim the list to miss state and KU and pick miss state.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Dec 05 2017 8:08 pm
Vega offline

Why would they come to Kansas over miss st? Jesus. I would feel better if they had Bama and Texas on the list instead of just these two schools

At least we're not Tiggerboards?

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

It’s going to be an absolute kick in the nuts when they both trim the list to miss state and KU and pick miss state.

I just don't see why anyone would want to come here.

Ardvark wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

I just don't see why anyone would want to come here.

Pretty much bottom of the D-1 barrel program.

"Do not go gentle into that good night
Old age should burn and rave at the close of day."
Dylan Thomas

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

It will but didn't we all expect that...it was a pipe dream at best to think they would ever play a down here.

Who knows, they have stayed committed this long...?

Holidaysmore - 2005

tmcats wrote:

i suspect dr. z is waiting to see what happens in mhk.  if k-state has a 'tennessee moment' and passes on sean snyder, all hell will break loose on the farm. sean will jump in his canoe and paddle down the river.  while he's heading southeast, dr. z will fire beaty in time for a crowning along the lawrence river bank trail.  like his father, sean's reign at ku will last a thousand years. this is the only plausible explanation for not having fired homer already.

Do you edit out all the punctuation and capitalization?

"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some.  He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."

KU76erfan wrote:
tmcats wrote:

The old middle school English teacher is back on the board, grading our posts.

KU76erfan wrote:
tmcats wrote:

i'm true to the internet's founders who found caps unnecessary.  punctuation, well, if you find fault you'll have to show it.

Stop waving our wheat!

vmlb wrote:
KU76erfan wrote:
tmcats wrote:

The old middle school English teacher is back on the board, grading our posts.

Yay!

"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some.  He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."

Sounds like we may be back in the transfer QB pool.

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

Devonta Jason just officially decommitted. Great sports week.

Last edited by CrimsonNBlue (Dec 10 2017 7:07 pm)

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Devonta Jason just officially decommitted. Great sports week.

Of course.  He's not stupid.  Expect Harris to decommit soon.

I believe we all knew this day was coming but when it finally happened it didn’t make it any better.

Along with the D-end Crooks Jones de-committed signed with KSU.

Ku basketball drops two straight.

Football loses its first five star and a three star.

Anyone wanna name a worst week in KU sports history?

Holidaysmore - 2005

We may only end up with 5 high school kids in this class.  Not firing the staff this year was a terrible decision.  The next coach will have it worse than when Beaty arrived.

‘Worse? How could things get any worse. Look around...we’re at the thresholds of hell.’

Holidaysmore - 2005

holidaysmore wrote:

‘Worse? How could things get any worse. Look around...we’re at the thresholds of hell.’

Losing to Nicholls state, Beaty getting fired half way through next season, having 30 juco players on the team, giving more walkons scholarships to make it seem like our scholarship numbers are improving, etc.  All keeping beaty and Co around does is prolong the miniscule chance we have at becoming a below average program.

Think about who will be the interim when beaty is fired.  It's got to be bowen.  How he still has a job here boggles my mind.  It's been over 3000 days since we won a road game.  Do any fans think that if we played SEMO at their place that we'd win?  We keep saying this is rock bottom, but then they lose by 40+ to isu.  The team gains 21 yards the following week.  Then they get blown out at home to a Baylor team with like 40 players.  Then the team makes a fool of themselves by taunting ou and Mayfield and we all know how the whole country laughed at us for that.  Our asshole coach first says the kids did it themselves and says he thought it was a great way to show how tough they were and wanted to win.  Couple days later he punishes the captains and says it will not stand and that's not what great young men do.  After the season, our dipshit ad goes on kc radio and explains that the team cannot get full practices in on days when it's windy or raining because they don't have an indoor field?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Those words actually came out of his mouth.  Anyone who calls themselves a ku football fan should be embarrassed, ashamed, disgusted, pissed, and desperate to remove him asap.  10-62 in the last six years. We'd have to have 4 consecutive undefeated seasons to reach .500. 

Each year we get further away from going to a bowl game.  Things can always get worse, especially as long as those who run the football program and hire the coaches are allowed to stay here.  We better hope zenger is gone by the time self retires or you can kiss basketball goodbye.  "I set out to find the best and I found Charlie Weis."  Who's the Weis of college basketball?

RB from LA is picking up offers from Nebraska, Miami, LSU and just about every other big name, power house school. He gone.

Tune, the QB, just got back from a visit to Ole Miss and picked up a scholarship offer. He gone.

We are headed into dark, dark days KU football fans with no light in sight.

Holidaysmore - 2005

Zach Smith is transferring from Baylor. He had offers from Texas, Baylor, SMU and Kansas.

Holidaysmore - 2005

Today 4:44 pm
tophawk87 offline

holidaysmore wrote:

Zach Smith is transferring from Baylor. He had offers from Texas, Baylor, SMU and Kansas.

Somebody's getting a great qb. So much upside. Kid threw for more than 10,000 yards in HS

https://www.instagram.com/zach_smith11/

Wise men still seek Him

Today 4:59 pm
jhawkinplano offline

tophawk87 wrote:
holidaysmore wrote:

Somebody's getting a great qb. So much upside. Kid threw for more than 10,000 yards in HS

https://www.instagram.com/zach_smith11/

So, he will be a great free safety?

"what's not to admire about a soil judging championship effort?" Timmy

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet