Dec 06 2017 2:39 pm
Vega offline

Re: .net Message Board Final Version

jfish26 wrote:

I would still like it if an edited post would include the post as originally made (and you can just delete a post if no one has replied to it).

I agree. The way this site is set up, it’s less intuitive to do that (it actually edits the direct post leaving no trace, while my old source i has it so it would keep the old post, and add a new post in a new table to keep both) but just now, I think I may have thought of a way to show all edits made on a post. I have to look at the database to make sure it would work, but I think I can do it.

At least we're not Tiggerboards?

Not sure about that. Sometimes I get to typing too fast on my phone and it will autocorrect to the wrong form of their/they're/their; to/too, etc. and I know all you assholes are out there judging me.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Not all of us.

Just me and PhD.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

edcda5f724396e40e10c19e35c65c701.jpg

Where'd the cheese go?

Dec 06 2017 2:45 pm
Vega offline

Just own it. I’m a stickler academically and professionally for grammar and all that. I don’t give a fuck what gets out on .net since 95% of the time I am on my phone and way too lazy to proofread this shit

Dec 06 2017 2:46 pm
Vega offline

And please keep requesting, because after I am done with the updates, it’s over for the message boards in terms of additions/improvements/fixes

Vega wrote:

And please keep requesting, because after I am done with the updates, it’s over for the message boards in terms of additions/improvements/fixes

How about troll points? It would be like POTD, but would accumulate over time whereby a total is kept. Once a total goes above a certain threshold, the users Avatar gets replaced by something like this;

giphy.gif or whatever...

and it can't be removed until the troll points expire after a certain amount of time.

The 14th is forthcoming..   
In Self we trust..
amen

Dec 06 2017 3:07 pm
Vega offline

Lol, let me think about it. I think I will do TM tonight tho. While I’m motivated to do it

50FBBriS_400x400.jpg

Where'd the cheese go?

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Not sure about that. Sometimes I get to typing too fast on my phone and it will autocorrect to the wrong form of their/they're/their; to/too, etc. and I know all you assholes are out there judging me.

I don't think that's a huge deal - what I don't like is responding to the substance of a point (without quoting it, say in the instance where there's already a huge quote block) and then the person I'm responding to changes their post after I've begun typing a response.

I also liked the kusportscom "reply" button where you could indicate who you're replying to without quoting.

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

Dec 06 2017 3:11 pm
Vega offline

jfish26 wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

I don't think that's a huge deal - what I don't like is responding to the substance of a point (without quoting it, say in the instance where there's already a huge quote block) and then the person I'm responding to changes their post after I've begun typing a response.

I also liked the kusportscom "reply" button where you could indicate who you're replying to without quoting.

How does that work? I don’t remember any feature like that

DCHawk1 wrote:

Not all of us.

Just me and PhD.

We're the only ones judging, or we're the only assholes?

You got no fear of the underdog,
That's why you will not survive!

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Maybe I'm thinking of a different board.  There would be, at the bottom of someone's post, a "Reply" button (like where POTD, Report, Ignore User and Quote are now), and if you click "Reply" your post would indicate that you're "Replying to [name]:"

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

I think you're right...dotcom did that.

Where'd the cheese go?

Dec 06 2017 3:16 pm
Vega offline

jfish26 wrote:

Maybe I'm thinking of a different board.  There would be, at the bottom of someone's post, a "Reply" button (like where POTD, Report, Ignore User and Quote are now), and if you click "Reply" your post would indicate that you're "Replying to [name]:"

That’s super simple. I’ll make it a non-intrusive thing saying replaying to username, and specific post, with a link that will bring you to that post if you click it.

No...make it as intrusive as fucking possible.

Last edited by oreadical (Dec 06 2017 3:17 pm)

Where'd the cheese go?

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Same.

Most edits are for correcting spelling.

Illinoisjayhawk wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Same.

Most, perhaps.  But you are one of the people who will regularly change the content of a post.

lol

"Scientific literacy is an intellectual vaccine against the claims of charlatans who would exploit ignorance"

jfish26 wrote:
Illinoisjayhawk wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Same.

Most, perhaps.  But you are one of the people who will regularly change the content of a post.

Yes. In an effort to reduce the total number of posts I make in a thread sometimes I add to a post if I think of something else...

Can't make everyone happy I guess.

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet