Re: HQ = * EDIT Check out my post this morning - 1/10/18

I've never tipped less than 20% at Olive Garden because a.  it's always an impeccable experience and b. I wouldn't want to piss off my family.

Everybody should work for tips at some point in their lives.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

ousdahl wrote:

aaand I'm against it, just like the pole tax.

but what about polecats?

"Scientific literacy is an intellectual vaccine against the claims of charlatans who would exploit ignorance"

DCHawk1 wrote:

Just the tip?

I worked in food service/retail for about a decade.  Taught me much more about people/life than my current paper pushing.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

DCHawk1 wrote:

Matt Tait!

Lemme see if I understand this.

Gutter was one of fewer than 200 out 950,000 to get 12/12.  That's what?  Top two-hundredths of a percent?

And he won 12 bucks?

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

Jan 10 2018 12:18 pm
Vega offline

DCHawk1 wrote:

Lemme see if I understand this.

Gutter was one of fewer than 200 out 950,000 to get 12/12.  That's what?  Top two-hundredths of a percent?

And he won 12 bucks?

Someone doesn’t get HQ.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/womans- … 10397.html

He won a Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburger and steak fries and maybe a can of soda from a vending machine if you don't tip the vending machine.

pwhittemore wrote:

He won a Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburger and steak fries and maybe a can of soda from a vending machine if you don't tip the vending machine.

without the cheese.

I mean, if there's cheese on that motherfucker, he might as well have gone 0/12.

Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Multiple POTD on this thread. Job well done kids!

I gave a $20 tip to the TMobile guy who dealt with my mother for over an hour and a half last night. Figured that was the least I could do.
Maybe that was good Karma for what followed after?
Actually, I was solicited for $200 to give to 2 separate charities right after I won. In other words, I "lost" $207.42 in about 2 and half hours and didn't get a fucking Red Robin burger nor fries nor soda. Yes, it sucks to be me.

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

Schmuck wrote:

I "lost" $207.42 in about 2 and half hours  Yes, it sucks to be me.

So...basically you did get cheese on your burger.

Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Basically, but of course not quite as bad.
Gives new meaning to not wanting cheese on my burger - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. … r%20Burger

Last edited by Schmuck (Jan 10 2018 1:17 pm)

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

PhDhawk wrote:

Everytime I see some internet article about a celebrity leaving a bad tip, I immediately wonder if the service was shitty.

I almost wish that there was a system, where when you leave the tips, the percentage gets logged, like a scoring system, that is left on the receipt when you pay. So if you leave a 10% tip for shitty service, the receipt shows that you typically tip 21.87% or whatever, and then the server knows you aren't a cheapskate and that he got a shitty tip because of shitty service. But if you leave a 10% tip the waiter sees that you always tip 10% and then you are a cheap asshole and then he can post it on his instagram or whatever.

You should do this. It is like ratemyprofessor.com and you get the ad money. You send users stolen internet coupons for participating. Provide a link to some useless online petition about underpaid servers so the users feel like they are part of a cause (people love that). Market yourself to Darden and the like... like where they let you tap into their restaurant receipt system (so your usage numbers go up) in exchange for you saying good things about their restaurants. Then you sell it off in 2019 to Yelp for a number with a lot of zeros.

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact