Re: 2018 NFL off season-ish

Really hope DJ will re-structure. I badly want to see him win as a Chief.

Dee Ford due $8 mil next season I believe. Woof. And I think there is some sort of injury designation on that deal to where they can't get out of it. I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Dee Ford is due 8.7M next season, but the Chiefs can release him and take 0 cap hit.  He's probably an extension/restructure or you're released candidate.

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

Not that it is much financially but Revis...wow. You can see yourself out of KC with that pathetic effort.

Did anyone mention or see EB on the sideline? Seems like I can’t remember seeing him but I also may have missed it.

Holidaysmore - 2005

I think Revis also realized at the time that Henry was just 3 yards from the first down, with a full head of steam. There isn't any way that Revis makes any sort of play in that scenario. If you look at the film, Henry was going to get that first down regardless of whether Revis tried to tackle him, and Revis knew that.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

Revis will definitely be gone.  His contract for 2018 has a 550K per game bonus.  Essentially makes him a 10M cap his next season.

He gone.

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

I respect your opinions and this isn't a slight against you...

That is a terrible, terrible excuse. Play through the whistle. Your team is down, needs the ball back and you quit on the play because you don't think you can get there. That is the type of 'loser' mentality that has deservedly gotten the Chiefs the playoff record they own.

From pee wee all the way to professional there is nothing more frowned upon then back side players who quit or walk when a play is opposite of them. If that is a play in the middle of the first half and the score is 0-0 then you may be able to get away with that. Revis had better knew what the game situation was - hustle your ass over there and go for the strip. Anything. The season depended on it. Revis effort right there perfectly describes the Chiefs in a whole - a losers mentality.

Holidaysmore - 2005

Look, I agree completely. I played that way and hope everyone that I cheer for does. I don't like what Revis did at all...

But I also understand Revis thinking, "Eh, there's no way I can stop him. I want to keep playing and make money and not dislocate a shoulder trying to stop him when I already know the outcome will be a first down and game over"

Again, I don't agree with his way of thinking, but I also get why he would think that.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

How do you know Revis wasn’t going full speed? He’s 50+ in football years.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

That mindset is what kills me - and I am not disagreeing with you either. Revis very well could have thought like that and based on his actions it look like he simply just quit. We are also talking about a guy, in the later parts of his career admitted that he showed up to training camp out of shape. He is what he is and the Chiefs took a gamble on him and ultimately they lost and I believe that Revis gambled on himself and lost because there isn't a team in the NFL that looks at his film right now and says that is the guy that I want to have on my team and be a leader for my younger guys.

Holidaysmore - 2005

Bob Sutton has to go. Now. Not later. Stop waiting.

And I like the idea of KC going back to a 4-3 defense opposed to 3-4. I don't think we have the personnel for the 3-4 anymore. Its not working.

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet