Re: Fran Frascilla

jhawk73 wrote:
RonKelloggFan wrote:

Been trying to think of a color commentator in college basketball who I'd less want to hear talk while watching my team play.

Bill Walton? Dan Dakich?

I'd rather listen to either of them over Fran. I'd rather listen to Dave Armstrong. What's Chris Piper doing on Monday nights?

Anymore I can't think of anyone I want to hear less than Fran. At one time Dick Vitale and Bill Walton were on the list. And, back in the day, Jon Sundvold, when he used to work for ESPN, although mostly I got upset when they had him calling KU vs MU games where the bias was blatant and obvious with him being a former MU player. But now Fran takes the cake. He sucks

Fran, Walton, and Vitale take it running away.  Doris Burke is someone I've never liked.

Bill Walton is a National Treasure and I will refuse to believe anyone who says other wise.

#FreeBilly

#FreeSousa

Holidaysmore - 2005

jhawk73 wrote:
RonKelloggFan wrote:

Been trying to think of a color commentator in college basketball who I'd less want to hear talk while watching my team play.

Bill Walton? Dan Dakich?

I'd rather listen to either of them over Fran. I'd rather listen to Dave Armstrong. What's Chris Piper doing on Monday nights?

Anymore I can't think of anyone I want to hear less than Fran. At one time Dick Vitale and Bill Walton were on the list. And, back in the day, Jon Sundvold, when he used to work for ESPN, although mostly I got upset when they had him calling KU vs MU games where the bias was blatant and obvious with him being a former MU player. But now Fran takes the cake. He sucks

you probably block people on twitter too.  so no big deal.

Stop waving our wheat!

jhawk73 wrote:

I get why people don't like Vitale. I don't really like when he calls KU games, but I like his enthusiasm. And I'm okay that he's become more a character than person. Walton's many times like a talk radio host...he loves to troll the play-by-play and audience. But he can be funny and entertaining at times. I agree about Sundvold.

Jan 12 2018 5:51 pm
BofH offline

holidaysmore wrote:

Bill Walton is a National Treasure and I will refuse to believe anyone who says other wise.

agreed. 

C1xV9MKW8AALo0e_041r0tsr_8099uhln.jpg

Fran posting on his Twitter feed "Honest thoughts".

If you are smart Kansas fan, you know that me, opposing coaches & Coach Self know visiting team must be 10 points better: Great coach, players & crowd + human nature by SOME officials. Will never change.

I wish my hand vibrated.

Does Fran speak English?

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

Does Fran think that the same thing doesn't happen in other filled basketball arenas? It's called homecourt advantage.

Vegashawk wrote:

Fran posting on his Twitter feed "Honest thoughts".

If you are smart Kansas fan, you know that me, opposing coaches & Coach Self know visiting team must be 10 points better: Great coach, players & crowd + human nature by SOME officials. Will never change.

How about the comments about some missed calls in the managers game?  Specifically a couple "travels on the Kansas managers".

It was a joke. Playing off the Svi travel from last year.

I was right about Fran.

Amazed me that Fran couldn't even run through a list of Devonte's contributions to " the streak" without mentioning Buddy Heild.

"Every fuckin beatin I’m grateful for. Every last one of em. You get all the trust beat outta ya, and ya know what the world is."
Al Swearengen

Jan 13 2018 6:12 pm
BofH offline

Illinoisjayhawk wrote:

It was a joke. Playing off the Svi travel from last year.

Yeah, i laughed.  Pretty obvious reference imo.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Mellinger writes good stuff.

He's a good guy.

He gets hated on a lot, but that goes with the territory. Most of us complain about all the announcers..Walton Vitale. Hell even Bilas gets annoying and I'm a big fan of his.

It's just not an easy job. Plus a lot of fans are VERY sensitive about anything and everything that has to do with their team.

Is it just me or has Fran been more tolerable the last two games?

Defense. Rebounds.

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact