(1) #826

Re: Kansas City booming?

Vega wrote:

Correct. I also have a bladder like a champion. If the flight is 5 hours or less, I rarely need to use the restroom. If I’m sleeping, I can go probably 8 hours.

I also like to nest in my corner, usually with a cardigan that can double as a pillow, and everything I need from the overhead out before the doors are sealed.

2-02Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

Last edited by TraditionKU (Nov 09 2017 12:53 pm)

"Scientific literacy is an intellectual vaccine against the claims of charlatans who would exploit ignorance"

Nov 09 2017 1:17 pm
Vega offline

My god, that works on three levels.

At least we're not Tiggerboards?

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

I’m also a pretty good deterrent of anyone taking the middle seat in a less than full flight. A proudly learned skill.

Well, as you know, Rows 8-10 on SWA are the sweet spot (if you can't snag the exit row or that sweet, sweet SWA first class seat).

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

I'm so glad I don't have to fly often for my job.  Hate airports and germ infested planes, seems I always get sick after I travel, plus I always get stuck sitting next to some smelly fat person.

Real men ride trikes

Thanks to tax incentives for developers and corporations, KC finally gets a convention hotel!

2020 opening.  Loews group.  That kind of sucks for the road warriors that it's not one of the big guys for reward programs.  Supposedly, Loews is very nice, though.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/ar … 78253.html

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Ugh.  The very best part of yesterday's yes vote is that it ensures that the airport will never go to Kansas.

That "yes vote" also didn't seem to ensure the airport wouldn't even be built on time.

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

jfish26 wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Ugh.  The very best part of yesterday's yes vote is that it ensures that the airport will never go to Kansas.

That "yes vote" also didn't seem to ensure the airport wouldn't even be built on time.

I know we have friends that won't agree, and I haven't dug in very deep, but is it possible, just possible, that last night isn't just about self-interest and self-serving politics?

I don't put it past Edgemoor to have holes in the plan.  How will the new tax bill affect? etc.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

CrimsonNBlue wrote:
jfish26 wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

I know we have friends that won't agree, and I haven't dug in very deep, but is it possible, just possible, that last night isn't just about self-interest and self-serving politics?

I don't put it past Edgemoor to have holes in the plan.  How will the new tax bill affect? etc.

There are some highly ambitious people who did something they knew was going to be awful, perception-wise.  I assume there's much more at play here than I've read about.

I guess this goes here. Maybe already discussed.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics … 48629.html

I'm happy to see this. I still like Westport a lot and think its a good thing to continue to improve it. Safety being most important.

Rockchalker5 wrote:

I'm happy to see this. I still like Westport a lot and think its a good thing to continue to improve it. Safety being most important.

Mixed on this one. I can foresee a lot of potential problems when you go down this path.  Because people are people, it's not going to shock me at all if we see discrimination litigation over this a la PnL when it first opened.  Also, the areas that are being privatized, there isn't a violent crime problem in those areas--it mostly exists on the outskirts of the main entertainment intersection and around Gun Fresh.  The media do a poor job of reporting and often just use "Westport" to describe a large area.

OTOH, no guns in an entertainment district?  Fine by me.  I don't want them there in what is likely the drunkest square mile in KC.  Also, does this mean we can walk from bar to bar with outside drinks? Would be nice during the day.

Yeah fair points. NAACP is already publicly opposing this. Holding a press conference tomorrow.

If I'm hanging out there its most commonly not late at night. I do have a good friend that lives over that way, so we sometimes walk back to his house later in the night, something I'm always very leery of. Generally when/where the really bad things happen. But like you said, its an alcohol fueled area, so one gun in there is too many.

Didn't think about the outside drinks.....that would be excellent.

Rockchalker5 wrote:

Do journalism schools no longer teach English?

Westport will begin screening for weapons on weekend nights next spring to try to reduce violence crime.

Defense. Rebounds.

Jan 12 2018 6:52 pm
Vega offline

Was this the frontier thread? Just landed. I got thoughts. They aren’t positive

At least you landed?

Vega wrote:

When Frontier bought Midwest Express, the world as we know it ended.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

DCHawk1 wrote:
Vega wrote:

When Frontier bought Midwest Express, the world as we know it ended.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ME was allsome.

Defense. Rebounds.

Was? But you is still awesome, 99!

Thanks, but I meant Midwest Express.

Defense. Rebounds.

KC did not make the 20 finalists for HQ2, which is a good thing, IMO.  Let's move on from this silliness.

Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Montgomery County in Maryland, Nashville, Newark, New York City, Northern Virginia, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Toronto and Washington D.C.

Surprised Columbus, Nashville and Indy are on the list.  I thought one of Amazons requirements was a robust transit system.  The HQ2 will end up in Atlanta, Boston or D.C.

Real men ride trikes

Jan 18 2018 9:57 am
Vega offline

Newark is my guess

Vega wrote:

Newark is my guess

Isn't Newark kind of a sh$thole?

Real men ride trikes

shindig wrote:
Vega wrote:

Newark is my guess

Isn't Newark kind of a sh$thole?

is Newark in Haiti or Africa?

KUSportsDotNet is not affiliated with the University of Kansas or Kansas Athletics
Views expressed are not endorsed by KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2016 | Stats | @KUSportsDotNet