Re: totally random thread

Definitely washable. Unless you work in a medical facility, the pesticides on that apple are worse then the pavement crud.

3 questions of/for the day......

6 of one half dozen of another. Which do you prefer - 6 of one or a half dozen of another?

If I flip a coin to make a decision and I am leaning one way over the other, how do I decide if they way I am leaning is heads or tails?

If you have to choose between the lesser of two evils, at what point do you consider you have spent too much time deciding which is the lesser so you might as well spend even more time trying to figure out how if any way you can eliminate both evils?

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

To me the choice on No 1 is really 6 of one and a half dozen of the other

Please ask me about my plumber.

If you HAVE to choose between the lesser of two evils you dont have the decision to eliminate one or both of said evils because of the nature of the sentence.

joiseyboy wrote:

To me the choice on No 1 is really 6 of one and a half dozen of the other

unclever.

Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Not necessarily true - unless I am confused.
Example. I'm at work. I can either eat bacon or eat hash browns. I can only have/choose one or the other. Or I could choose neither.

who would ever choose hash browns over bacon?

"Scientific literacy is an intellectual vaccine against the claims of charlatans who would exploit ignorance"

why can't I have both?

Sit down, be humble.

They don’t serve breakfast at my work. First-world problems.

User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

yeah, but you chose to work there.

Sit down, be humble.

Schmuck wrote:

Not necessarily true - unless I am confused.
Example. I'm at work. I can either eat bacon or eat hash browns. I can only have/choose one or the other. Or I could choose neither.

If you change the language of choose one or neither. Your question originally read have to choose between two evils. So it’s one or the other and not neither or both or some other scenario.

TraditionKU wrote:

who would ever choose hash browns over bacon?

If you were orange, this would be outraGeouS.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

Nevermind

Last edited by Schmuck (Jan 14 2018 4:13 pm)

* Deleted.

Yes, I am fucking nuts and I know it.

Sorry for the vent/dump/outburst/cry for help. Need to keep it to myself or share it with those who are involved. Didn't mean to bring "strangers" in to my world and burden them with my shit. That being said, thanks for the responses. Means a lot to me.

Last edited by Schmuck (Jan 15 2018 8:48 pm)

Hang in there Schmuck. I'm hoping good things for you and that you get this thing called life sorted out. Or make peace with it somehow.

Please ask me about my plumber.

Sounds like you need a few days in KC/Lawrence.  You have friends. Despite the cold, ice cream is good. Order in. My choice tonight was to do dishes and then cook. Am at a hotel for dinner before KU game.

Is it possible to let yourself let someone else make you insane?

Totally. Hang in there gutman.

Where'd the cheese go?

Absolutely.
And if it has ever happened before, it could happen again.
Being shit on it one thing. LEARN from it and it can be the best thing to ever happen to you.

3 questions.
1) Why would you ever want to try and mentally destroy someone you supposedly/allegedly love?
2) Why is it so difficult for two people who allegedly love each other to acknowledge that there is friction and then instead of trying to defuse it in a calm respectful manner, they let it simmer, then boil, and then explode on each other?
3) Too often I hear someone tell me "people don't change" and/or "they're not going to change". Well, I disagree. "Change" or not, I have zero doubt people can and do make changes and if not "changes", at least adjustments - if they put forth a lot of effort and have a desire to do as such. No doubt sometimes they will be unsuccessful but there is also no doubt sometimes they will be successful. You'll never know unless you try. I feel if a person goes in thinking they aren't going to be successful then they are doomed for failure. So my question is a two parter, how do you know if someone is truly committed to making changes/adjustments and what if anything can and must they do to convince you?

Last edited by Schmuck (Jan 18 2018 10:01 pm)

My initial impression is if you get into a relationship with the expectation that the other person will change, you're on a fools errand. People tend to be who they are.
That, however, is not an ironclad rule.

"Do not go gentle into that good night
Old age should burn and rave at the close of day."
Dylan Thomas

1.  Because you are a psychopath.
2.   Laziness. Mostly,  I don't think people understand how much work must go into a relationship…  The fairytales set people up to believe that all relationships will be happy ever after without any effort or attention.
3.  I thought really hard about this one, but I don't have anything to contribute. These questions are too tough.  Thoughts and prayers to those in this kind of quandary.

I’m rooting for you but this relationship looks like KU WVU first half but if Vonte had fouled out.

Do you have any personal belongings at her place?  Retrieve them. Does she have any at yours?  Box them and leave at the front desk. When you get your stuff, send her a text advising that you don't think things are working out and to get her stuff. If she is anything like (1) and (2), a text ending is the best way to go. Just be prepared to never talk to her again.

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2014-2018 | Stats | Contact