KU hires Bill Miller

Great news.

Don't need Bowen around, but I guess he's staying.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Re: KU hires Bill Miller

I think this is a really good hire.

I think the best thing for a guy like Beaty, who as we all know is a first time HC, is to surround himself with experienced guys who can hopefully make up for some of Beaty's blind spots in regard to being in charge.

It's a shame that it's coming this late in Beaty's tenure.

Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Really really good hire.

Miller will help tremendously on the defensive side of the ball. To have Meacham and Miller on their respective sides of the ball is really valuable.

To have him come here with the program in this current state is big. I think he's been at Florida State for the last few years.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

1978    Texas–Arlington (GA)
1979–1980    Oklahoma State (GA)
1981–1982    Drake (DB)
1983–1985    Nevada (DC)
1986–1988    Minnesota (DB)
1989–1994    Oklahoma State (DC)
1995–1998    Miami (FL) (DC)
1999–2002    Michigan State (DC)
2003–2004    Florida (AHC/LB)
2005–2006    Arizona (DC)
2007    Western Michigan (DC)
2008    Louisville (LB)
2009    Kansas (co-DC/LB)
2011–2013    Minnesota (AHC/LB)
2014–present    Florida State (LB)

Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Jimmy Johnson, Dirk Koetter, Jimbo Fisher

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

So bowen is staying?  He better not be a Co-coordinator.

k-state is replacing both coordinators.  dimel is now utep's head coach.  tom hayes retired.

Stop waving our wheat!

tmcats wrote:

k-state is replacing both coordinators.  dimel is now utep's head coach.  tom hayes retired.

That is great news!

"Every fuckin beatin I’m grateful for. Every last one of em. You get all the trust beat outta ya, and ya know what the world is."
Al Swearengen

jhawkinplano wrote:
tmcats wrote:

That is great news!

hayes coached for terrible terry.

"Before coming to K-State, Hayes spent time as the defensive coordinator at UCLA, Oklahoma, Kansas and Stanford. He briefly served as interim head coach for the Jayhawks after Terry Allen was fired in 2001."  KCStar

Last edited by tmcats (Jan 27 2018 10:42 am)

Stop waving our wheat!

tmcats wrote:
jhawkinplano wrote:
tmcats wrote:

That is great news!

hayes coached for terrible terry.

"Before coming to K-State, Hayes spent time as the defensive coordinator at UCLA, Oklahoma, Kansas and Stanford. He briefly served as interim head coach for the Jayhawks after Terry Allen was fired in 2001."  KCStar

That' s awesome!

Keep 'em coming!

"Every fuckin beatin I’m grateful for. Every last one of em. You get all the trust beat outta ya, and ya know what the world is."
Al Swearengen

Meh...

All this hire says is Jimbo didn't take Miller with him to TAMU.

They're all gone next year anyway, more than likely.

I mean.... can someone help me find 4 or 5 wins here?

2018 KANSAS FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 1: vs. Nicholls State

Sept. 8: at Central Michigan

Sept. 15: vs. Rutgers

Sept. 22: at Baylor

Sept. 29: vs. Oklahoma State

Oct. 6: at West Virginia

Oct. 20: at Texas Tech

Oct. 27: vs. TCU

Nov. 3: vs. Iowa State

Nov. 10: at Kansas State

Nov. 17: at Oklahoma

Nov. 23: vs. Texas

Last edited by tophawk87 (Jan 31 2018 12:37 am)

Wise men still seek Him

For Sure Win: Nicholls State
Probable win: Rutgers (Not very good last year. Early in the year, KU has a shot)
Toss Up: @CMU (Lost a lot of seniors, but on the road, oSu (Losing QB and top WR), @ Tech (Never know how Tech will be), ISU (Home game, and some key contributors gone)
Loss: Baylor, WVU, TCU, KSU, OU, UT. Could move Baylor to Toss Up. But all their young guys are now older. Other games will be no shot.

Likely record will be 3-9.

"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

NewtonHawk11 wrote:

That would be SOOOO sweet!

Al Swearengen

tophawk87 wrote:

Meh...

It says we plugged a hole in the staff with a proven guy

Yeah 40+ years of coaching experience is no joke.

-Self on Tyshawn

(1) #15

CrimsonNBlue wrote:
tophawk87 wrote:

Meh...

It says we plugged a hole in the staff with a proven guy

Maybe.

But it's not like Dallas high school football or anything serious like that.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

NewtonHawk11 wrote:

Probable win: Rutgers (Not very good last year. Early in the year, KU has a shot)
Toss Up: @CMU (Lost a lot of seniors, but on the road, oSu (Losing QB and top WR), @ Tech (Never know how Tech will be), ISU (Home game, and some key contributors gone)
Loss: Baylor, WVU, TCU, KSU, OU, UT. Could move Baylor to Toss Up. But all their young guys are now older. Other games will be no shot.

Newton, do you bring HCDB and his staff back if we go 3 wins next season?

Wise men still seek Him

tophawk87 wrote:
NewtonHawk11 wrote:

Yes.

Bowen is the sacrifice. Coach shopping at this point does us no good.

Last edited by jhawkinplano (Jan 31 2018 9:05 pm)

Al Swearengen

No chance in hell we get 3 wins next year.

jhawkinplano wrote:
tophawk87 wrote:
NewtonHawk11 wrote:

Yes.

Bowen is the sacrifice. Coach shopping at this point does us no good.

Yes, I personally think he gets one last shot if he gets 3 wins. This upcoming senior class was his first class. And the program was in such bad shape when those guys arrived.

But you also have to start seeing results. There were some ugly losses last year. If they win 3 games but are competitive in 3 others, you definitely keep him. If you win 3, but all other 9 games are a blowout, then that's not good and he might not be back.

I'm honestly torn on Beaty. I've often said that in this situation, you start judging his performance around year 4 or 5. But then, I also realize that this is probably a 7 year build from what it was when he came on.

-Self on Tyshawn

Beaty can sure recruit his ass off.

Not bad when this recruiting class has at least 3 guys that LSU and many other big time P5 schools offered.

There will be a coach that will reap the rewards of Beaty's recruiting efforts, just not 100% sure if it will be Beaty when all is said and done.

-Self on Tyshawn

If recruiting rankings are worth much of anything for football then we have a top 50 program in the future.
That's like 7-5 quality.
Would. Take.

In a heartbeat.

-Self on Tyshawn

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact