Re: This Happened To Me Once

You both suck at posting

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek."
—Joseph Campbell

friend-its-real-casual-dont-be-extra-me-only-the-22808822.png

Brazilian teenager 'puts her virginity up for auction' for £265,000 in a bid to buy her mother a HOUSE (and the winning candidate will have twelve hours with her)

Rosalie Pinho, 19, from Minas Gerais, claims she is selling her virginity online
The student alleges she plans to raise at least £264,000 to support her family
She has written up a list of 'rules' on a website stating the 'winner' must be sober
Highest bidder will also be able to spend 12 hours with her but must be STI-free

[...]

—Joseph Campbell

Net-connected vibrator collects users' intimate data, lawsuit claims

...The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in San Francisco, alleges that Lovense, a division of Hytto Ltd., based in Hong Kong, collects and records "highly intimate and sensitive data regarding consumers' personal use" of Lush. Lush is a vibrator that users — or their partners operating remotely — control through a Bluetooth-enabled iPhone and Android phone using an app called Body Chat.

[...]

—Joseph Campbell

Awesome! Kind of reminds me of a liability insurance claim someone shard with me.
Dude was sitting on his counter (sink area) in his bathroom in his apartment. Girlfriend decided to blow him. He was probably enjoying himself too much or perhaps she used her teeth because he rocked his head backwards and his head smashed a light bulb and he got electrocuted. Didn't die but actually tried to sue the complex saying that the bulb fixture was unsafe.

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

Shoulda been a Products Liability rather than a premises case . . .

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Shoulda been a Products Liability rather than a premises case . . .

^^^

My thoughts, exactly.

—Joseph Campbell

If the light bulb did not have a proper cover, then it might have been a violation of a local tenancy statute or ordinance, which would subject the complex/landlord to a negligence per se claim.  I'd definitely would have researched that.

Man Kills Elk, Elk Impales Man Moments Later

A bizarre accident has left a man in Oregon injured by the animal he killed just a few minutes before.

Gary Heeter of Bend, Oregon, went hunting on Saturday and managed to bag a mature bull elk in an isolated part of the Maury Mountains.

The 69-year-old then attempted to drag the carcass up a steep hill with his four-wheeler, according to The Oregonian.

While Heeter was driving up the hill, the front end of the ATV flipped. Heeter rolled backward ? right onto the elk’s antler, according to KVAL...

b7PR3qq.jpg

—Joseph Campbell

Goose Hunter Knocked Unconscious By Dead Bird Falling From Sky

An experienced hunter in Maryland wound up in a hospital on Thursday after a recently shot Canada goose fell out of the sky and landed on his head, local media reported.

The falling bird knocked Robert Meilhammer, 51, unconscious, CBS Baltimore reported. He had been out hunting geese with three friends near the Miles River in Easton, Maryland, at around 5 p.m., when someone in the group shot and killed the bird.

Meilhammer was seriously injured in the incident. Officials reported he was in stable condition and recovering in a shock trauma unit in Baltimore as of Friday night.

Geese typically weigh between 10 to 14 pounds, Candy Thomson, spokeswoman for Maryland Natural Resources Police, told the news outlet.

“So, if they’re 35 yards up in the air, and they’re falling 60 feet and they hit you in the head, it’s going to definitely cause severe damage,” she added.

The deceased goose also knocked out two of Meilhammer’s teeth, The Washington Post reported.

[...]

—Joseph Campbell

—Joseph Campbell

(1) #663

Kangaroo is no different from anyone else.

Hates cyclists.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

Teacher imprisoned for sex with boys claims teachers are 'unfairly singled out'

A former Alabama teacher imprisoned for sleeping with two of her students is appealing her conviction, claiming state mandates infringe upon her constitutional right to have consensual sex with anyone over the age of 16.

According to Tuscaloosa News, Charli Jones Parker, 31, pleaded guilty to having contact with students younger than 19. She is currently serving a three-year prison sentence.

The same month Parker pleaded guilty, a Morgan County Circuit Judge ruled that the law prohibiting sex between a school employee and student was unconstitutional.

Parker's attorney argues that this violates the equal protection clause because it treats school employees differently than other professions, criminalizing "private consensual sexual relationships."

The age of consent in Alabama is 16.

“Alabama law does not make it a crime for members of other occupations to have consensual sex with 16-, 17- and 18-year-olds, even when there is a position of trust or authority,” said Parker’s appellate attorney, Virginia Buck.

[...]

—Joseph Campbell

This Teenager Accused Two On-Duty Cops Of Rape. She Had No Idea The Law Might Protect Them.

DJ3Tn57.jpg?1

When Anna said she was raped by two on-duty cops, she thought it would be a simple case. She had no idea she lived in one of 35 states where officers can claim a detainee consented.

Anna was sitting in the parked car with two friends when a charcoal gray van pulled up and flashlight beams momentarily blinded her. The 18-year-old had grown up in south Brooklyn and spent many Friday nights like this driving around the city with friends, looking for places to hang out away from home. On this night, though, September 15, 2017, sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m., she crossed paths with the cops.

There were two of them, both plainclothes detectives over 6 feet tall and powerfully built, flashing their badges and asking questions. There was weed in the front cupholder, and soon the detectives ordered the three occupants out of the car. As Anna later recalled, the detectives handcuffed her and told her friends, both young men, they were free to go. Then, she said they led her — a slender woman just over 5 feet tall — into the back of the unmarked police van with tinted windows.

Inside, Anna said the detectives took turns raping her in the backseat as the van cruised the dark streets and as she sat handcuffed, crying and repeatedly telling them “No.” Between assaults, she said, the van pulled over so the cops could switch drivers. Less than an hour later, a few minutes’ drive from where it all began, the detectives dropped Anna off on the side of the road, a quarter-mile from a police station, surveillance footage shows. She stood on the sidewalk, her arms wrapped around her chest, looking up and down the dimly lit street and pacing slowly before borrowing a cell phone from a passerby to call a friend.

The cops made no arrest, issued no citation, filed no paperwork about the stop. Hours later, Anna and her mother went to a hospital, where Anna told nurses two detectives had sexually assaulted her, according to hospital records. Semen collected in Anna’s rape kit matched the DNA of detectives Eddie Martins, 37, and Richard Hall, 33, of the Brooklyn South narcotics unit. Both have since resigned from the force and been charged with rape.

[...]

—Joseph Campbell

jfc

"Scientific literacy is an intellectual vaccine against the claims of charlatans who would exploit ignorance"

—Joseph Campbell

You Don't Want To Know What Was In Abby Beckley's Eye

Back in the summer of 2016, Abby Beckley had been living on an inactive cattle ranch in southern Oregon. "There was just one cow," says the 28-year-old college student.

A few weeks later, she started to have the sensation that something was in her eye. "You know how it feels when you have an eyelash in your eye?" Beckley says. "That's exactly how it felt, but when I looked in the mirror, I couldn't see anything."

The sensation wouldn't go away. And her eye was getting more and more irritated. It was red, droopy and inflamed.

"I finally couldn't take it any[more]," she says. "I went to the mirror and decided I'm going to pull out whatever was in my eye, even if I have to rip part of my eye out."

She pulled down her eyelid and grabbed a clear, threadlike material from underneath her eyeball. Then she looked down at the thread:

"It was squiggling around on my finger," Beckley said. "I thought, 'This is nuts! A worm just came out of my eye.' "

By the time she could see a doctor, Beckley took out four more worms. Some of them were pretty long, about half the length of a paper clip. Mostly, the critters just hung out in the space between Beckley's eyeball and eyelid. But sometimes they crawled right across her eyeball.

"I was just like, 'What the hell is going on? And what in the heck am I going to do?' " Beckley says.

She finally got an appointment with eye doctors at Oregon Health and Science University. At first, they didn't believe her.

"They couldn't find the worms," she says. "And they were saying things like, 'A lot of people, when they have this claim, it's usually just mucus, but wouldn't it be fascinating if there was a worm?' " Beckley says. "I told them, 'Just you wait.'"

Sure enough, an hour later, Beckley felt a worm move. "I said to the doctors, 'Look now! Look now!' "

Immediately the doctors started screaming, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! It just crawled across your eye!" Beckley says. "Then the doctors scattered and started getting ready to take a sample."

The doctors' skepticism is understandable, says Erin Bonura, an infectious disease doctor at OHSU, who helped treat Beckley.

[...]

—Joseph Campbell

—Joseph Campbell

—Joseph Campbell

3rrHNuj.jpg

—Joseph Campbell

Meanwhile, back in Kansas City:

—Joseph Campbell

Does this go here?  My car was towed last night during the game from one of the sororities on top of the hill.  I've been parking in those lots for games since graduation. 

Retrieving my car (with my high school nephew with me) at midnight, from a janky tow lot in North Lawrence, was NOT a good time.

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

Feb 27 2018 1:07 pm
Tim offline

jfish26 wrote:

Does this go here?

Wrong!

http://www.kusports.net/boards/viewtopi … d=4668&p=1

Fill it to the rim, with Tim.

jfish26 wrote:

Does this go here?  My car was towed last night during the game from one of the sororities on top of the hill.  I've been parking in those lots for games since graduation. 

Retrieving my car (with my high school nephew with me) at midnight, from a janky tow lot in North Lawrence, was NOT a good time.

My wife's car got towed yesterday too (in CT not KS, but still). Apparently it was the first day of street sweeping. Also had to go into a bad part of town at about midnight, after the game, to get the car back.

Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact