(1) #26

Re: Professionalism

1. No, unless mouth stuff counts.

2. No, unless hand stuff counts.

Who says you can’t figerblast your way up the corporate ladder?

I hope they hire a Texan.

"Do not go gentle into that good night
Old age should burn and rave at the close of day."
Dylan Thomas

I am a Texan (now). I need $300k and a car.

User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

I have a negotiation in another city on Monday, at the other side's law firm.  I just got this email, as did my partner and my client's business team:

All:

My assistant will be placing a menu for lunch on Monday in the DropBox this morning.  We would appreciate it if you would please choose your lunch and email your order to [assistantname].[lawfirm].com.  Thank you.

[Person], Esq.

What in the ever-loving fuck is wrong with you?  Just send the goddamned .pdf!

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

Panera Bread?

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Jimmy Johns!

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

So! We just had company-wide staff performance reviews. Everyone got subpar reviews, and everyone has been wondering why.

Then today it got leaked that management was instructed to give low numbers so if anyone asks for a raise they could use the poor review as an excuse not to.

I dunno if I’ve ever had a day at work when employee morale was collectively so low.

I worked for a company who gave everyone in the dept a terrible review. At the end of the review, I asked the director why I still had a job if I was that bad at it. He looked pretty confused at that.  That dude was fired less than a year later and those reviews were filed.

Defense. Rebounds.

The funny thing is, for the first time in my work life I’m not feeling the instinct to work hard. Instead I find myself thinking of ways to do the absolute minimum I could possibly do without actually getting fired.

If it makes no difference to management, then why should it to me?

jfish26 wrote:

I have a negotiation in another city on Monday, at the other side's law firm.  I just got this email, as did my partner and my client's business team:

All:

My assistant will be placing a menu for lunch on Monday in the DropBox this morning.  We would appreciate it if you would please choose your lunch and email your order to [assistantname].[lawfirm].com.  Thank you.

[Person], Esq.

What in the ever-loving fuck is wrong with you?  Just send the goddamned .pdf!

It's like when Pink Floyd recorded a song by moving dozens of speakers into a football stadium to get a nice reverb.

"Somebody's giving me a whole lot of money to do what I think I want to do.  So why am I still feeling blue?"

ousdahl wrote:

So! We just had company-wide staff performance reviews. Everyone got subpar reviews, and everyone has been wondering why.

Then today it got leaked that management was instructed to give low numbers so if anyone asks for a raise they could use the poor review as an excuse not to.

I dunno if I’ve ever had a day at work when employee morale was collectively so low.

So.....
Instead of telling people they are hard working valued employees and their effort and competence are valued - but the company is currently not in a financial position to give raises this year - they decided to make employees feel like shit and lower their esteem and morale? 
Management skills seem to be lacking. Honesty and communication are so key here in terms of trust and respect and the management fucked up in that regard.
I'm really sorry you have to deal with it.
Hard to have a mass exodus when the employees are dedicated to the company and need their jobs to survive so at some point in the near future perhaps collectively the employees can request a "town hall" meeting with management and air their grievances. Just a thought.

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact