Re: 2018 NFL off season-ish

columbusdjkc wrote:

So what do you guys think the Chiefs need still to get in the hunt? A couple DBs and a couple D linemen? Or you think they need another OLB too? I’m thinking if they can get another good corner and a couple rotation DBs and two or three defensive linemen (one of them having good pass rush ability) then they should be pretty set. Especially considering how good the offense sounds right now. Though offense still probably needs an o linemen or two.

Probably a QB

2 weeks until the NFL Draft.

Chiefs picks are as follows. Did I get these right?

2nd - 1
3rd - 2
4th - 2
6th - 1
7th - 2

First pick is the 54th overall. Better make those 4 picks in the middle count

Yup.
54th, 78th and 86th picks.
One or two of those need to stick.

KC has done pretty well with those mid-round picks the last 5 or 6 years. Hopefully that continues.

It does suck that the Chiefs don't have a pick on the opening night, but will all be worth it when Mahomes is slinging it all over the place on a weekly basis.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

NewtonHawk11 wrote:

KC has done pretty well with those mid-round picks the last 5 or 6 years. Hopefully that continues.

It does suck that the Chiefs don't have a pick on the opening night, but will all be worth it when Mahomes is slinging it all over the place to our players on a weekly basis.

Hopefully this.

So....all defense. Right? Gotta be.

Has to be. Offense is set for the next few years.

Mahomes, Kelce, Hunt, Hill, Watkins and many others all under contract for the foreseeable future.

Need to get some DL help in a hurry. Get a depth guy at safety. Wouldn't hurt to have another pass rusher. Heard some chatter of the Chiefs liking Dorance Armstrong from the Hawks. Could be a guy that you can put as a 3-4 DE or a 3-4 OLB.

"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

Berry coming back is like a big FA addition. Just pray he stays healthy, which has become a problem with him.

We do need some more pass rush. Maybe utilizing Houston correctly will provide more than last year. I'm not counting on anything from Dee Ford. Tanoh Kpass needs to provide something, otherwise that was a wasted 2nd round pick last year.

Yeah it is strange with Berry. He doesn't miss a game unless its a major deal. He doesn't have any ankle sprains or anything like that. But his injuries and health things have always been huge.

Torn ACL on the second defensive possession of the whole season in 2011.
Lymphoma in 2014.
Torn Achilles in first game of 2017 in the 4th quarter.

Other than those 3 huge injuries, he's started every single game that he has played in.

Excited to have him back on the team. He's a freaking man child and had an amazing 2016 season. Hopefully that continues for 2018.

-Self on Tyshawn

Dez Bryant cut!

pwhittemore wrote:

Dez Bryant cut!

Pick em' up!!!!!

Would you rather have Dez Bryant at 25 million for 2 years or Sammy Watkins at 48 million for 3.

pwhittemore wrote:

Would you rather have Dez Bryant at 25 million for 2 years or Sammy Watkins at 48 million for 3.

Watkins.

Bryant is a cunt

"Every fuckin beatin I’m grateful for. Every last one of em. You get all the trust beat outta ya, and ya know what the world is."
Al Swearengen

pwhittemore wrote:

I think I'd take the upside of Watkins. Dez seems to be declining. And....what Plano said.

69 receptions on 132 targets last year. Gross.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ … yaDe01.htm

Watkins by a lot.

-Self on Tyshawn

jhawkinplano wrote:
pwhittemore wrote:

Watkins.

Bryant is a cunt

Yep

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

KC just got rid of Dez Bryant.

I mean Marcus Peters....

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

I'm gonna be a homer and hope 86 pick will be Dorance

Broncos cut CJ Anderson.

Pats looking to trade Gronk?

Chiefs opening schedule not forgiving.
3 of their first 4 on the road - 1 of those in Denver on Monday night and another at the Steelers.
Week 6 at Pats again.

Chiefs could easily start 3-3. Made a prediction of 11-5.

My predictions, which is really lame because the draft hasn't happened yet. But it's also April and not much else to talk about.

@ LAC - L
@ PIT - L
H SF - W
@ DEN - W
H JAX - W
@ NE - L
H CIN - W
H DEN - W
@ CLE - W
H ARZ - W
N LAR - L
   BYE
@ OAK - L
H BAL - W
H LAC - W
@ SEA - W
H OAK - W

19th toughest schedule in the NFL. 3 home games in December. Worked well for them last year.

Some tough road games, but think the offense is going to be really difficult to stop. Watkins and Hill can run by any corner. So defenses will have to play 2 high safeties. Which opens up the middle for Kelce and Hunt to do some serious damage.

I'm really high on Mahomes.

Berry back on defense is huge. Think Hitchens will be an improvement over DJ at ILB. Need to hit on some draft picks.

-Self on Tyshawn

They could easily start 2-4 and finish 10-6.

Really sucks to have to play NE and Pittsburg on the road.

I have no idea what to expect from KC this year.  Could see them anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6

Looking at Newton's predictions, I would widen that range to 12-4 depending on if Mahomes is better than Alex Smith.

An Alex Smith led team with Sammy Watkins, a better ILB than DJ and a healthy Berry could very well go 11-5 with the above schedule.

Here's ESPN's take:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2324 … l-32-teams

Predicted record: 9-7

"The trick for the Chiefs will be to keep their heads above water over the season's first six games. During that stretch, they'll play four road games, with the Chargers, Steelers and Patriots among those opponents. If the Chiefs survive that stretch, things get easier and they could win at least 10 games for the fourth consecutive season."

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact