Re: cops killing people of color

CrimsonNBlue wrote:
BofH wrote:

Rule #1: if you don't want to get shot then don't run from police

Remember all, this guy teaches children.

This is suddenly my new favorite thread.

I believe, but I'm also an "independent thinker."  Quite a conundrum.

NYC Police Fatally Shoot Black Man, Mistake Pipe For Gun

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way … -had-a-gun

Suicide by cop?

Meanwhile....

Yesterday at lunch there was a woman that looked an awful lot like the suspect that was "apprehended" outside the Chick-fil-A on Chicago Avenue. There were a shit ton of people walking by and  I stood and watched the police and to my clueless eyes it seemed they did exactly what they should have done.
Meaning.... they didn't beat the shit out of her and/or shoot her?
http://abc7chicago.com/photo-of-woman-w … d/3300739/

On another note.....
I walked by Northwestern Hospital this morning and there were 4 different news trucks/vans with reporters ready to go on the air.
I have to assume this is/was why. So..... The car was followed for 9 miles and the police called off the chase and let the shooter GET AWAY?
http://abc7chicago.com/woman-inside-car … -/3303980/

Last edited by Schmuck (Apr 05 2018 2:16 pm)

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

fortunately, no one got shot.

Musta been cuz they listened to BofH and didn’t run.

...on second thought, good thing this kid didn’t listen to BofH!

A 14-year-old African-American boy stopped to ask for directions to school in a Detroit suburb but was shot at instead, according to prosecutors.
Brennan Walker of Rochester Hills, Mich., says he overslept and missed the bus to school Thursday morning. He didn't have his phone. He tried to trace the bus route, but ended up lost and began knocking on doors for directions.

"I got to the house and I knocked on the lady's door. Then she started yelling at me and she was like, 'Why are you trying to break into my house?' " Walker told local station WJBK. "And I was trying to explain to her that I was trying to get directions to Rochester High. And she kept yelling at me. The guy came downstairs, and then he grabbed the gun, and I saw it and started to run. And that's when I heard the gunshot," he told the station.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way … directions

though to be fair, this guy wasn’t a cop. Maybe this one belongs in the rust belt thread.

Starbucks to close 8,000 stores for an afternoon of racial bias training.

Starbucks learns the hard way:  you can never be woke enough.

I don’t get it. Had this been an ongoing issue with Starbucks, maybe I could see this action. As it is it appears one manager of one store did something boneheaded. This gives activism a bad rap and trivializes real issues IMO.

Please ask me about my plumber.

DCHawk1 wrote:

Starbucks learns the hard way:  you can never be woke enough.

LOL

new company slogan?

In Self we trust..

Such overreaction.

Yea, it was a mistake by one person and now the company is 'taking action' to look good. But hopefully, of the 1000's of Starbucks employees taking some extra training, some good will come (even if tiny). For at least a few more weeks, I will be thinking twice to check my reactions for racial bias.
In other words, we all see through what Starbucks is doing, but hopefully a little good comes from it. Biases don't get overcome easily so every small step has gotta help some.

do you think all the Starbucks racial bias training will focus on being black, or do you think they’ll leave room for cream?

Can't wait to read the yelp reviews.

Defense. Rebounds.

By doing racial-bias training you are making 100,000 Starbucks employees now be overly conscious about a certain set of races ( any race but white - I don't know what races will be included in said training ) when people come into their store.

Not enough just to let that manager go.

Yesterday 10:29 pm
Shirley offline

Do you know who I am?!

Port Authority commissioner Caren Turner repeatedly told Tenafly police about her title, about how she was a friend of the mayor and about how she oversees hundreds of police when they impounded the unregistered car in which her daughter had been riding.

Police repeatedly told her the incident didn't involve her -- only the adults in the car. But she argued with them for more than 10 minutes, threatening to see them get in trouble, and telling them "Shut the F*** up'

This incident led Caren Turner, an ethics official in New Jersey to resign last week. She intervened in a police stop involving her daughter and flashed her credentials, repeatedly swore at officers and threatened to involve the mayor and chief of police.

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek."
—Joseph Campbell

Yesterday 11:24 pm
DCHawk1 online

Shirley wrote:

Do you know who I am?!

Port Authority commissioner Caren Turner repeatedly told Tenafly police about her title, about how she was a friend of the mayor and about how she oversees hundreds of police when they impounded the unregistered car in which her daughter had been riding.

Police repeatedly told her the incident didn't involve her -- only the adults in the car. But she argued with them for more than 10 minutes, threatening to see them get in trouble, and telling them "Shut the F*** up'

This incident led Caren Turner, an ethics official in New Jersey to resign last week. She intervened in a police stop involving her daughter and flashed her credentials, repeatedly swore at officers and threatened to involve the mayor and chief of police.

Take it to the "this is what happens when you elect Democrats" thread.

Today 6:21 am
joiseyboy online

If she’d just done what the cops said they wouldn’t have had to shoot.

Please ask me about my plumber.

Today 6:40 am
Schmuck online

DCHawk1 wrote:
Shirley wrote:

Do you know who I am?!

Take it to the "this is what happens when you elect Democrats" thread.

Help me out because I admit my ignorance. What exactly was she ever "elected" to/for?

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

Today 6:41 am
seahawk offline

joiseyboy wrote:

I don’t get it. Had this been an ongoing issue with Starbucks, maybe I could see this action. As it is it appears one manager of one store did something boneheaded. This gives activism a bad rap and trivializes real issues IMO.

Perhaps Starbucks settles a lot of minor claims that don't get reported or deal with a lot of complaints about store personnel--that they'd rather not be the news. Better to have a half day training be the news.

Politicians must choose--our children or the NRA.

Today 11:24 am
Japhy offline

roadrunner going faster miles an hour gonna drive past the stop n shop with the radio on

Today 11:46 am
DCHawk1 online

Help me out because I admit my ignorance. What exactly was she ever "elected" to/for?

When I posted that, I made a mental list of the joyless scolds I expected to post that very response.

You weren't on the list.

That'll teach me, eh?

Today 11:47 am
DCHawk1 online

Japhy wrote:

Thanks, Bitzer?

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact