#26

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

Woo!

#27

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

do we start his own Welcome thread or will this one do?

#28

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

welcome Quentin Grimes!

#29

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

#30

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

posted with permission from the satellite board

#31

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

Self said Deron Williams.  I guess I'll take that.




"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

#32

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

Killing it.

#33

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

A never nice pick up for our Jayhawks




TRUST IN THAT SWAGMASTER KNOW AS COACH BILL SELF AND THE TEAM WIN OR LOSS AND HAVE FAITH
HE BE DONING BIG THING U DIGG don't underestimate me

#34

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

blackmild33 wrote:

A never nice pick up for our Jayhawks

go on...

#35

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

Never nice?

Blackmild says this dude is nasty. Always.

#37

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

digitalkookie wrote:
blackmild33 wrote:

A never nice pick up for our Jayhawks

go on...

Imagine saying "another nice pickup" in a very heavy southern accent...

#38

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

I love the comment from the background "beat Kentucky"  after the announcement for us. : )




"If you don't take care of business, it doesn't mean much tonight." Bill Self

#39

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!




Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

#40

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

If the 1 and done rules change this summer do we think that will impact any of the guys we've signed already?

#41

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

I thought you got mad and left?  Something about you keep forgetting your password...




User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

#42

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

Wow.




"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

#43

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

Really encouraging to see how well Quentin Grimes is playing in all the HS All-star games.

15 pts 9 ast 5 reb 4 stl in Jordan Brand Classic
15 pts 4 ast 6 reb in Nike Hoop Summit
14 pts 6 ast 1 reb in McD's

With everyone saying we don't get Langford, I'm really glad to see Grimes playing so well against other elite athletes. If Langford doesn't come, I think there's a good chance that we see Grimes playing the third guard alongside both dotson and Moore. Especially given Self's desire for multiple ball handlers, and he doesn't hesitate to play two small guards at the same time, so why not play three guys with good handles all together. Plus Grimes has the size, he's every bit as big as Langford. Plus he's a great 3 if you want to play 4 guards and you could have Garrett/Li'l Lawson/Cunliffe playing the 4 spot.




Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

#44

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

PhDhawk wrote:

Really encouraging to see how well Quentin Grimes is playing in all the HS All-star games.

15 pts 9 ast 5 reb 4 stl in Jordan Brand Classic
15 pts 4 ast 6 reb in Nike Hoop Summit
14 pts 6 ast 1 reb in McD's

With everyone saying we don't get Langford, I'm really glad to see Grimes playing so well against other elite athletes. If Langford doesn't come, I think there's a good chance that we see Grimes playing the third guard alongside both dotson and Moore. Especially given Self's desire for multiple ball handlers, and he doesn't hesitate to play two small guards at the same time, so why not play three guys with good handles all together. Plus Grimes has the size, he's every bit as big as Langford. Plus he's a great 3 if you want to play 4 guards and you could have Garrett/Li'l Lawson/Cunliffe playing the 4 spot.

I agree that this is a very likely rotation and that it appears that it is a workable one. Grimes has been named as one of the best players not just at every AS game he's played in but in every practice that reporters are watching as well. I think we've got a really good one with him and I look forward to seeing how fast he gets it going for KU. We play two Top 10 teams before Christmas so not much time to grow into the role.

Last edited by twocoach (Apr 16 2018 8:31 am)

#45

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

twocoach wrote:
PhDhawk wrote:

Really encouraging to see how well Quentin Grimes is playing in all the HS All-star games.

15 pts 9 ast 5 reb 4 stl in Jordan Brand Classic
15 pts 4 ast 6 reb in Nike Hoop Summit
14 pts 6 ast 1 reb in McD's

With everyone saying we don't get Langford, I'm really glad to see Grimes playing so well against other elite athletes. If Langford doesn't come, I think there's a good chance that we see Grimes playing the third guard alongside both dotson and Moore. Especially given Self's desire for multiple ball handlers, and he doesn't hesitate to play two small guards at the same time, so why not play three guys with good handles all together. Plus Grimes has the size, he's every bit as big as Langford. Plus he's a great 3 if you want to play 4 guards and you could have Garrett/Li'l Lawson/Cunliffe playing the 4 spot.

I agree that this is a very likely rotation and that it appears that it is a workable one. Grimes has been named as one of the best players not just at every AS game he's played in but in every practice that reporters are watching as well. I think we've got a really good one with him and I look forward to seeing how fast he gets it going for KU. We play two Top 10 teams before Christmas so not much time to grow into the role.

I really hope we still can get Langford.

But at this point, I think if I was given the choice between Grimes or Langford, I'd choose Grimes, so I'm glad he's the guy who's committed. They're reasonably similar players, I think Grimes is the better playmaker/ballhandler, and slightly better athlete, and I think Langford is a little better shooter/scorer. but grimes seems more like a Self guy. I'm getting really excited about his year or two in Lawrence. The better he looks in these things the more I'm thinking it might be a single season.

McCormack is getting good publicity at these tourneys and practices as well.  Fran called him a 'high motor' guy, which I'm pretty sure was said about every blue chip big we've recruited recently but hasn't really always been the case, so we'll see.

Last edited by PhDhawk (Apr 16 2018 8:39 am)




Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

#46

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

PhDhawk wrote:
twocoach wrote:
PhDhawk wrote:

Really encouraging to see how well Quentin Grimes is playing in all the HS All-star games.

15 pts 9 ast 5 reb 4 stl in Jordan Brand Classic
15 pts 4 ast 6 reb in Nike Hoop Summit
14 pts 6 ast 1 reb in McD's

With everyone saying we don't get Langford, I'm really glad to see Grimes playing so well against other elite athletes. If Langford doesn't come, I think there's a good chance that we see Grimes playing the third guard alongside both dotson and Moore. Especially given Self's desire for multiple ball handlers, and he doesn't hesitate to play two small guards at the same time, so why not play three guys with good handles all together. Plus Grimes has the size, he's every bit as big as Langford. Plus he's a great 3 if you want to play 4 guards and you could have Garrett/Li'l Lawson/Cunliffe playing the 4 spot.

I agree that this is a very likely rotation and that it appears that it is a workable one. Grimes has been named as one of the best players not just at every AS game he's played in but in every practice that reporters are watching as well. I think we've got a really good one with him and I look forward to seeing how fast he gets it going for KU. We play two Top 10 teams before Christmas so not much time to grow into the role.

I really hope we still can get Langford.

But at this point, I think if I was given the choice between Grimes or Langford, I'd choose Grimes, so I'm glad he's the guy who's committed. They're reasonably similar players, I think Grimes is the better playmaker/ballhandler, and slightly better athlete, and I think Langford is a little better shooter/scorer. but grimes seems more like a Self guy. I'm getting really excited about his year or two in Lawrence. The better he looks in these things the more I'm thinking it might be a single season.

McCormack is getting good publicity at these tourneys and practices as well.  Fran called him a 'high motor' guy, which I'm pretty sure was said about every blue chip big we've recruited recently but hasn't really always been the case, so we'll see.

I will take a high motor big who steps foot on campus at 250 from Day One. If we get DeSousa for all of next year, I expect KU basketball to be a parade of alley oops to Dok, D Lawson, SDS and McCormack the likes of which we haven't seen since Arthur, Jackson, Kahn and Aldrich were throwing them down on a regular basis back in 08.

Last edited by twocoach (Apr 16 2018 11:42 am)

#47

Re: It's Quentin Grimes Day!

high motor guys are typical what self seems to target tho. you need that energy and activity to thrive as a big




Faceass Morningstar

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact