Re: NBA Playoffs

twocoach wrote:
ousdahl wrote:

Wiggins matched up with Chris Paul, but instead of calling for the ball he just stands there. Why can’t he be the kind of guy who calls for the ball?

Barkley was 100% dead on in his assessment of the Wolves when he said they are the dumbest team in the NBA because they never take advantage of the mismatches that they get. They need a better point guard than Teague to get over the hump and Wiggins goes iso WAY too much instead of keeping the ball moving to take advantage of mismatches from switched screens. They are way better than they have been but they have a long ways to go still. Their execution is way behind their talent.

IMO Rubio was a much better fit than Teague.

I don't remember the details of why they traded rubio, but that's a team full of guy's whose best skill is scoring. They need some guys who look to distribute and create more. Same with Gibson, seems like they should have gotten a defensive minded big to rather than another guy to take shots.

Sit down, be humble.

*Voted Greatest Poster on kusports.net - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Who was guarding Harden last night - Wiggins or Butler? Maybe I should say attempting to guard Harden.

Schmuck's worthless thoughts after the first 8 games.

A lot of guys stepped up and contributed for the Celtics but putting aside my KU bias, I truly felt Marcus was the Celts MVP yesterday.

Cavs losing at home by 18 is insane being that LeBron has NEVER lost the first game of the first playoff series.
Olahomedepot was the best player on the floor.

PG13 is a beast. 

Jazz have a nice team but not nice enough. Quin just may win COY.

TWolves have to be defeated and deflated after last night.

If Harden isn't the MVP I'm not Schmuck.

Spurs are done. I predict Pop will be done after this season too.

Wiz / Raptors was entertaining. I keep laughing when I think 95% of Canadiens don't know shit about Basketball compared to Hockey - until I remind myself it was a Canadian who invented the game. I wonder of Naismith would have been a Raptors fan.

Kief had a really nice game. Oubre might as well have stayed home.

Raptors are the Nova of the NBA.

6ers just may be the best team in the East. Outscored the Heat 74-43 in the second half. Not wise to play catch-up ball but when you won the last 16/17 games (granted against mostly crap teams) you must know what you're doing.

If someone would have told me the Pelicans would be outscored 32-22 in the 4th quarter I would have guessed they lost.
Dare I ask - A.D. > Joel Embiid? Both are fantastic players.

Rondo with 8 rebounds and 17 assists. Didn't realize he's "only" 32.

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

Marcus was clutch in the last minutes of regulation but didn't do much in the OT.
I'd say Rozier and Horford were more the MVP's.
Tatum also played well.

And Harden from what i've seen of him ( and that's maybe 2 games ) and from what I've heard has dedicated himself to working on his defense.
Opposing players and coaches are noticing.
And the metrics that do try to measure defense ( i.e. an opponent's FG% increase/decrease from their average ) support that.

He deserves MVP.

Harden is only MVP of the "Guys Not Named LeBron James" NBA, just like all the guys that won MVPs during Jordan's prime.

Speaking of LeBron and Harden, I saw this on twitter... if Paul George and LeBron James joined Chris Paul and James Harden in Houston next year they would have the following roster oddity:

Stars first names:
Chris
Paul
LeBron
James

Stars last names:
Paul
George
James
Harden

I used to hate Redick but now he’s grown to be a player I enjoy.

He and Bellenelli were great gets.

2010 DWade in the House.

The Phillie-Heat game is freaking awesome

"Every fuckin beatin I’m grateful for. Every last one of em. You get all the trust beat outta ya, and ya know what the world is."
Al Swearengen

It seemed like Ben Simmons was terrified of having the ball in the last 3 minutes of this game.

So much like LeBron in his first several years?

"Every fuckin beatin I’m grateful for. Every last one of em. You get all the trust beat outta ya, and ya know what the world is."
Al Swearengen

pwhittemore wrote:

must be the ink

Anyone see Embiid's Instagram?
"I'm fucking sick and tired of being babied".

https://sportando.basketball/en/usa/nba … abied.html

http://973espn.com/joel-embiid-is-sick-of-the-sideline/

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

I don’t think the doctors will hold him out now.
He’s playing in Miami.

pwhittemore wrote:

He and Bellenelli were great gets.

same. JJ seems like a chill dude. good player. the hatred towards him was because he was the face of duke and espn wouldnt get off his dick when he was in college

Faceass Morningstar

If I had to identify a single reason for hating JJ, it would be that he’s the only player in the league whose wingspan is shorter than his height.

Though to be fair the full sleeve tats add a couple inches. He just needs them on both arms.

ousdahl wrote:

If I had to identify a single reason for hating JJ, it would be that he’s the only player in the league whose wingspan is shorter than his height.

Though to be fair the full sleeve tats add a couple inches. He just needs them on both arms.

Only such player in the league...for now...

"Walking on the beach this morning, doing a little thinking when I saw footprints in the sand.  Reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand."  John Vincent Calipari, 8/14/14

and he carries a man purse

Faceass Morningstar

Morris shakes and step back 3.
Dirty.

pwhittemore wrote:

I don’t think the doctors will hold him out now.
He’s playing in Miami.

Apparently, doctors haven't cleared Embiid for Game three yet.

In Self we trust..

The Pelicans put Rondo in charge of their playoff lives.
#seenitb4

Al Swearengen

BeaverFever all into it

Weak flagrant 1 on Pacers.

40 for Bron.

NBA playoff basketball hand checking is what is the appropriate amount allowed in my opinion.

Kevin Loves hand bugging him.

No Love.
LeBron gonna have to take over here.

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact