Re: 2018 NFL off season-ish

CascadiaHawk wrote:

Really sucks to have to play NE and Pittsburg on the road.

I have no idea what to expect from KC this year.  Could see them anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6

Their schedule after the first 6 games is fairly easy. Don't think the floor is 6-10.

My range is 8-8 to 12-4.

"I felt like Deion!" Aqib Talib
"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

The floor could very well be 6-10.
Just because Mahomes won in Denver for one game doesn't mean that he's ready to be a starter over the season.
I think he'll be pretty damn good but you can't be certain.

I do think they could slip up to Jax and make record to 10-6. I just think that Jax offense is trash. Will be a 17-13 type of game.

"He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached."
-Self on Tyshawn

With a 1st year QB, it's possible KC starts 2-4.

Then you still have to play the Rams in Mexico and @ Seattle.

Just a tough/odd schedule this season.

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

The range of outcomes is huge for KC. I can see anywhere from 6 - 11 wins. I'd be shocked if it was 11 wins. I'll say 9-7, would be thrilled with 10-6

Chiefs open at 7.5 wins. Incredibly tempting to take the OVER on that. Although -120, but still.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/20 … mkjvetd7ow

Last edited by Rockchalker5 (Apr 23 2018 9:12 am)

OVER OVER OVER. Think KC can easily get 4 wins in the division. And still play terrible Browns, Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals.

-Self on Tyshawn

NewtonHawk11 wrote:

OVER OVER OVER. Think KC can easily get 4 wins in the division. And still play terrible Browns, Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals.

That's a good way to look at it. Rookie QB or not, Andy Reid owns the AFC West. He'll find a way to get to 4-2

Jason Witten retiring.
I can't remember a Thanksgiving without Witten playing in it.
Hall of Fame.

pwhittemore wrote:

Jason Witten retiring.
I can't remember a Thanksgiving without Witten playing in it.
Hall of Fame.

One of the few Cowboys that I like.

"Every fuckin beatin I’m grateful for. Every last one of em. You get all the trust beat outta ya, and ya know what the world is."
Al Swearengen

Derrick Johnson on a visit with the hated Raiders. Never thought I'd see Jamaal Charles in Donkey Blue and Orange. Definitely didn't think I'd ever see DJ consider wearing the Silver and Black.

But if he does sign there, give me Andy Reid tearing up the middle of the field. Between Kelce, Hunt, Ware and others, they will have a field day. Nobody knows the weaknesses of former players like Andy Reid. Did it against a safety from Oakland that played under him in Philly a couple of years ago. Tore him up all game.

-Self on Tyshawn

Love DJ but if he signs with the Raiders I would run at him and make him cover backs all day long.

Holidaysmore - 2005

Well this is interesting. Chiefs sky rocketing up the power rankings to 10th overall. Seems high.....but I like it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NF … 2018-draft

That's about where I'd put them.
Could be as bad as 15th ( 7-9 ) and as high as, oh, 6th ( 12-4 ).
I don't know why the draft ( yes we took all defensive players but reached all over the place ) would have changed ESPN's mind in the positive.

pwhittemore wrote:

I don't know why the draft ( yes we took all defensive players but reached all over the place ) would have changed ESPN's mind in the positive.

Yeah I was surprised that the draft changed their ranking so positively. I felt like I saw a lot of mediocre to bad ranking in terms of their draft results. But it does appear that some of the guys they drafted are going to play right away in some form or fashion. Not sure if that's good or bad.

The more I read about the Chiefs draft picks, it sounds like their first 4 picks; Speaks, Nnadi, O'Daniel, and Watts all could play significant snaps right away. Obviously Speaks and Nnadi should be starters.

Rockchalker5 wrote:
pwhittemore wrote:

Yeah I was surprised that the draft changed their ranking so positively. I felt like I saw a lot of mediocre to bad ranking in terms of their draft results. But it does appear that some of the guys they drafted are going to play right away in some form or fashion. Not sure if that's good or bad.

ESPN has a large vested interest in selling the draft's significance.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

The worst part of the NFL draft is the post draft 'grades'.

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

Yes, probably from an analysis standpoint.

But, worst to me overall is the 365-day coverage.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Oh, it all sucks and is nothing more than fabricated drama.  But the immediate team 'grades' is so fucking dumb.

"I had this guy as a 3rd round pick and he went in the late 2nd Round.  (NFL Team) totally blew this draft.  Grade: F"

Signed - Some TV/Website Hack

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact