Re: Nick Collison

Nick, like Bill, knows how much it sucks to be in Oklahoma.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Oh, right. It would just be convenient.

I'm of the opinion that we should pay Nick $1m a year to work one day a week max if that's what it takes to get him in Lawrence ASAP.

100% agree.  Nobody other than Danny would be a better big man coach for ku.  Imagine what he could teach dok.

Ardvark wrote:
CrimsonNBlue wrote:

Oh, right. It would just be convenient.

I'm of the opinion that we should pay Nick $1m a year to work one day a week max if that's what it takes to get him in Lawrence ASAP.

100% agree.  Nobody other than Danny would be a better big man coach for ku.  Imagine what he could teach dok.

I would bet on Nick being a better big man coach than Danny. Nick is a guy that more relied on his A+ footwork and block moves and he’s also played in today’s NBA.

"...in my opinion, the most prestigious chair in all of college basketball." -Bill Self

Would want Nick in Lawrence. Would be gravitate more towards the NBA tho for the coaching side?

Not too sure what having played in today's NBA has to do with making you a good college big coach but I have no reason to to believe Nick wouldn't be a great big man coach. Better than Danny from day 1? That I wouldn't be willing to bet.

From 2012 -
In Danny Manning's nine seasons as an assistant at Kansas, only two Jayhawks post players who started at least 50 percent of the team's games in a single season failed t o be selected in the NBA draft. There may not be a better big man's coach in America.
"Our big thing here is scoring before you catch the ball," KU coach Bill Self said before Manning was hired as Tulsa's head coach in April. "So it's all about doing things to make sure you're going to score once you get the ball.
"Danny is the best when it comes to teaching guys about footwork and angles and putting yourself in a position to make something happen."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket … basketball

"Dirty Feathers" - tcat 2/7/17

Got a mention in PTI today.

“I don’t really see Malik as a point guard,” Self said while talking to PG recruits

Schmuck wrote:

Not too sure what having played in today's NBA has to do with making you a good college big coach but I have no reason to to believe Nick wouldn't be a great big man coach. Better than Danny from day 1? That I wouldn't be willing to bet.

From 2012 -
In Danny Manning's nine seasons as an assistant at Kansas, only two Jayhawks post players who started at least 50 percent of the team's games in a single season failed t o be selected in the NBA draft. There may not be a better big man's coach in America.
"Our big thing here is scoring before you catch the ball," KU coach Bill Self said before Manning was hired as Tulsa's head coach in April. "So it's all about doing things to make sure you're going to score once you get the ball.
"Danny is the best when it comes to teaching guys about footwork and angles and putting yourself in a position to make something happen."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket … basketball

Danny was certainly helped by coaching Bill’s recruits.

Nick was well loved by his teammates and coaches.
Adams and Russ have talked about much he's mentored them.

"But it’s his work ethic, leadership, selflessness and commitment to the organization that has endeared him to the Thunder, to his teammates, his coaches and the decision-makers in the front office."

"He’s somebody that gives our younger players an example of how to prepare, how to be a pro, how to be a great teammate. He’s going to go down as one of the best teammates of all time, not just for our organization but from my experiences being on a lot of organizations as a player and as a coach he’s right there with the best of them.”

Dude's a sharp cat.
I think he could be a great coach.

Russell Westbrook summed up Nick Collison’s NBA career perfectly

A post shared by Sports Blog Nation (@sbnation) on

My all time favorite Jayhawk. My wife once mailed my KU Collison jersey to the OKC Thunder and he signed it and mailed it back. Now framed in my basement. I feel like a lot of guys wouldn't do that.

"Do not go gentle into that good night
Old age should burn and rave at the close of day."
Dylan Thomas

Rockchalker5 wrote:

My all time favorite Jayhawk. My wife once mailed my KU Collison jersey to the OKC Thunder and he signed it and mailed it back. Now framed in my basement. I feel like a lot of guys wouldn't do that.

That's because a lot of guys don't do it. They have someone who does it for them.
Collison strikes me as someone who wouldn't do that. Very kind of him to do that for your wife and you.

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact