Re: Facebook, Google, et al.

Facebook enters the online dating market

So that you can save the Russians the trouble of harvesting your personal data and just put it all in one place for them?

I wanna see which spam bot I'm most compatible with!

ousdahl wrote:

I wanna see which spam bot I'm most compatible with!

japhy

Just saw a tv commercial for Facebook?!

The theme was we know we screwed up but now we’re gonna stick to doing what we were built for.

but what they don’t mention is they were built to make Zuckerberg rich.

seahawk wrote:

So that you can save the Russians the trouble of harvesting your personal data and just put it all in one place for them?

I can't even get my children to read my posts on Facebook...what would the Russians want?  What my dinner looked like? Suggestion on where my next high school reunion could be?  Pictures of my Great Dane sleeping on the love seat?  You must live an exciting life.

User Number 001 - A Double Naught Poster
        Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy  Least Favorite Poster

Man, I’m an admin on a community page I deeply care about, but other than that I don’t even look at Facebook. Moreover, I don’t know anyone who looks at Facebook. Even moreover yet, as far as I can tell Facebook has been so monetized that a community page isn’t worth much (short of pumping ad money into it...you know, to communicate with the followers we already paid ad campaigns for to acquire)

Pretty sure the number one demographic is folks who appreciate the echo chamber appeal of Facebook. shrug.

I spend more time than I should on instagram, though that too has sucked more and more.

And either way, as has been suggested, I dunno what, if anything, either site has gained from snooping my user activity.

ohh spoiler alert! ousdahl likes #fishing!

Facebook’s first community standards enforcement report says the social media giant disabled 583 million fake accounts in the first quarter of 2018, relying heavily on artificial intelligence.

The report, released Tuesday, aims to show how Facebook is taking action against content that violates its standards. The staggering number of fake accounts it disabled in the period fell from 694 million in the fourth quarter of 2017...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fa … 3fb50c0458

ousdahl wrote:

Man, I’m an admin on a community page I deeply care about, but other than that I don’t even look at Facebook. Moreover, I don’t know anyone who looks at Facebook. Even moreover yet, as far as I can tell Facebook has been so monetized that a community page isn’t worth much (short of pumping ad money into it...you know, to communicate with the followers we already paid ad campaigns for to acquire)

Pretty sure the number one demographic is folks who appreciate the echo chamber appeal of Facebook. shrug.

I spend more time than I should on instagram, though that too has sucked more and more.

And either way, as has been suggested, I dunno what, if anything, either site has gained from snooping my user activity.

ohh spoiler alert! ousdahl likes #fishing!

Facebook is still the preferred medium of the Suburban Mom Competition. They post pictures of their lives in an attempt to outdo each other as to whose life is more "Facebook perfect".

Whoa suburban moms?

I need to get on Facebook more often.

How do I start my own social media platform?

I thought of one that would totally kill it.

Suburbanmoms.net?

No, vega already called that one.

Today 12:00 am
ousdahl online

so I got a new phone in November. I purposefully haven’t ever downloaded the Facebook app to it, largely cuz I don’t trust the app and their tricksy hobbit bullshit.

But today the community volunteer page I care about (cuz it’s volunteering for the community, NOT cuz it’s facebook, you piece of shit Zuckerberg) had a big volunteer event.

From my fucking phone browser I logged into fucking Facebook for the first time in months, just to upload photos from the event.

But now from my browser I can’t log out of Facebook. Like I go to the logout page and it’s literally just blank.

Mark Zuckerberg I think you are an even bigger piece of shit than Leawood thinks Zenger is a twerp.

Not affiliated with KU or KUAD
Copyright ©2013-2018 | Stats | Contact